Changing Home Double Tap

born2golf

Reaction score
I have been using the launcher pro method LGOP recommends for a while and I am content with it. With the camcorder in the dock bar it is readily accessible and I didn't have to change the core functions of any buttons. I'm wondering why you wouldn't just put the camcorder on your homescreen if it's that important to you?

OP
W

wioneo

Reaction score
I have been using the launcher pro method LGOP recommends for a while and I am content with it. With the camcorder in the dock bar it is readily accessible and I didn't have to change the core functions of any buttons. I'm wondering why you wouldn't just put the camcorder on your homescreen if it's that important to you?

Mostly stubbornness and a like for my home screen setup are keeping me away from the obvious solutions.

born2golf

Reaction score
I get it. But perhaps you are unaware that launcherpro gives you 2 more docks that you can swipe to, just like the homescreens. So you can get 10 more apps readily accessible without changing your existing homescreens layouts.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
W

wioneo

Reaction score
The thing about my setup is that I only use *part* of the screens and have a nice multi screen design thing going that I'd rather not change...basically I think I'm just going to wait until either google makes a sensible update or I have a better reason to root.

born2golf

Reaction score
The thing about my setup is that I only use *part* of the screens and have a nice multi screen design thing going that I'd rather not change...basically I think I'm just going to wait until either google makes a sensible update or I have a better reason to root.

Sorry, I'm still not sure we are speaking the same language. What we are suggesting is using launcherpro as your homescreen replacement. You can make launcher pro look exactly like you have your homescreens today (or even better since launcher pro is far better than the stock home, and has some neat widgets built in). The big benefit would be that you would have 2 more icon docs giving up to 10 more apps to launch without taking up any space on your homescreen set up. and Launcher pro does not require you to root. So I'm really confused on what the hesitation would be. I'm sorry if I seem pushy, I do not mean to be. I just want to make sure you have a full understanding of what we are suggesting before you shoot it down.

On a side note, I must admit that you have really piqued my interest in how your homescreens are set up, since you are so in love with them. I've wrestled with my homescreen set up on a regular basis and would like to see how your look if you are willing to share.

Cheers...

OP
W

wioneo

Reaction score

Sorry, I'm still not sure we are speaking the same language. What we are suggesting is using launcherpro as your homescreen replacement. You can make launcher pro look exactly like you have your homescreens today (or even better since launcher pro is far better than the stock home, and has some neat widgets built in). The big benefit would be that you would have 2 more icon docs giving up to 10 more apps to launch without taking up any space on your homescreen set up. and Launcher pro does not require you to root. So I'm really confused on what the hesitation would be. I'm sorry if I seem pushy, I do not mean to be. I just want to make sure you have a full understanding of what we are suggesting before you shoot it down.

On a side note, I must admit that you have really piqued my interest in how your homescreens are set up, since you are so in love with them. I've wrestled with my homescreen set up on a regular basis and would like to see how your look if you are willing to share.

Cheers...

It's a very simple stair step...thing with similar shapes lined up and what not. Not really much to learn how to do screenshots to share. Very minimalist and I doubt that many other people would like it at all, really.

Also I was under the impression that you needed to be rooted to use launcherpro...I guess i should check that out.

EDIT: Well immediately after installing, all but 3 seemingly random apps on my homescreens disappeared...that's...a bit annoying.
EDIT:: Well I didn't see "LauncherPro" in the app list, so I went into preferrences via the menu hardkey and I did not see an option for double tap. Maybe I missed it, I did see the single press options though. So I just uninstalled and everything popped back into place. I'm assuming that something went wrong during installation, because that did not seem...normal.

Reaction score
It is normal, its not an app its a launcher, so it will be in ur applications under running or downloaded, you should be able to press home key and choose either stock or laucnher pro as ur default launcher