Changing Home Double Tap

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by wioneo, Dec 14, 2010.

1. wioneo

wioneo New Member

I simply want to change the home hard key double tap to something other than the (very short)given list of options(specifically to the camcorder). The only options tha I have seen to do this so far are after rooting the device, but I don't personally have any other reason to root the phone and it seems like a relatively insignificant reason.

The fact that the camera is on the preset list but the camcorder is not is just a wee bit annoying...
  2. wioneo

wioneo New Member

So am I correct in guessing that rooting is the only option to do this?
  3. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ya I believe you have to be rooted. There's a root app that allows you to change that action to whatever app you want.

tappin and a talkin
  4. Khiraji

Khiraji Member

Rule #2: Double Tap
  5. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz New Member

Welcome and I got good news. You can go settings>applications>double tap home launch>then pick from the given list. I hope this can help

Sent from my D2
  6. spaz33g

The only problem is they are looking for a way to expand that list.

tappin and a talkin
  7. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz New Member

O well I gave it a shot but I'll be lookin on this thread to see if that rooted apps name comes up to change that list and I'll be searching for a way to do this and Ill post it if I can find a way

Sent from my D2
  8. spaz33g

The app I use is calle homesmack you can use it as a homeswitcher and it also has the ability to change the double tap home action to any aplication.

tappin and a talkin
  9. wioneo

wioneo New Member

Thank you all for the help, I suppose for now I will just set the double tap to the contact list or something else fast and hope that Google gains a bit of sense. It really doesn't make sense for them to use a predefined list...I can't think of another preset app list like that anywhere.
  10. captainoftheworld

captainoftheworld New Member

It seems like folder organizer had some options for double tap. Ill scope it out tomorrow, you don't have to be rooted or rommed for it to work. If someone knows before I can reply again please share.

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."
  11. wioneo

wioneo New Member

I looked through the Folder Organizer feature list, but I didn't see anything about the tap option.
  12. LGOP

LGOP New Member

menu/settings/applications/double tap home launch
  13. wioneo

wioneo New Member

Thank you for trying to help, but that specific context menu has been mentioned several times in this topic. Including the original post.
  14. LGOP

LGOP New Member

i see what your trying to do, just didnt catch it in the opening post. What option are you trying to make available for the home button, just more choices? Use Launcher Pro and customize your dock, and make the home button do what you want.
  15. wioneo

wioneo New Member

To be specific I want to set the double tap to the stock camcorder, and I really don't have any other reason to root so if that is necessary, I guess that I will suffer through painstaking hassle that is manually switching to camcorder mode(much to fond of my partially filled main home screen to change it) for a bit longer...
  16. born2golf

born2golf New Member

I have been using the launcher pro method LGOP recommends for a while and I am content with it. With the camcorder in the dock bar it is readily accessible and I didn't have to change the core functions of any buttons. I'm wondering why you wouldn't just put the camcorder on your homescreen if it's that important to you?
  17. wioneo

wioneo New Member

Mostly stubbornness and a like for my home screen setup are keeping me away from the obvious solutions.
  18. born2golf

born2golf New Member

I get it. But perhaps you are unaware that launcherpro gives you 2 more docks that you can swipe to, just like the homescreens. So you can get 10 more apps readily accessible without changing your existing homescreens layouts.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  19. wioneo

wioneo New Member

The thing about my setup is that I only use *part* of the screens and have a nice multi screen design thing going that I'd rather not change...basically I think I'm just going to wait until either google makes a sensible update or I have a better reason to root.
  20. born2golf

born2golf New Member

Sorry, I'm still not sure we are speaking the same language. What we are suggesting is using launcherpro as your homescreen replacement. You can make launcher pro look exactly like you have your homescreens today (or even better since launcher pro is far better than the stock home, and has some neat widgets built in). The big benefit would be that you would have 2 more icon docs giving up to 10 more apps to launch without taking up any space on your homescreen set up. and Launcher pro does not require you to root. So I'm really confused on what the hesitation would be. I'm sorry if I seem pushy, I do not mean to be. I just want to make sure you have a full understanding of what we are suggesting before you shoot it down.

On a side note, I must admit that you have really piqued my interest in how your homescreens are set up, since you are so in love with them. I've wrestled with my homescreen set up on a regular basis and would like to see how your look if you are willing to share.

Cheers...
Search tags for this page

andriod 4.2.2 change double tap home

android 4.2 double tap home button droid dna

android change home double tap

android tap home key

changing android note 3 double tap home button

double tap home galaxy note d2

double tap home launch razr maxx xt912

droid double press home

how to change phone doubletap

how to change the double home button tap on droid 2