Changing Home Double Tap

wioneo

Reaction score
I simply want to change the home hard key double tap to something other than the (very short)given list of options(specifically to the camcorder). The only options tha I have seen to do this so far are after rooting the device, but I don't personally have any other reason to root the phone and it seems like a relatively insignificant reason.

The fact that the camera is on the preset list but the camcorder is not is just a wee bit annoying...

OP
W

wioneo

Reaction score
So am I correct in guessing that rooting is the only option to do this?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya I believe you have to be rooted. There's a root app that allows you to change that action to whatever app you want.

tappin and a talkin

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome and I got good news. You can go settings>applications>double tap home launch>then pick from the given list. I hope this can help

Sent from my D2

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The only problem is they are looking for a way to expand that list.

tappin and a talkin

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
O well I gave it a shot but I'll be lookin on this thread to see if that rooted apps name comes up to change that list and I'll be searching for a way to do this and Ill post it if I can find a way

Sent from my D2

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The app I use is calle homesmack you can use it as a homeswitcher and it also has the ability to change the double tap home action to any aplication.

tappin and a talkin

OP
W

wioneo

Reaction score
Thank you all for the help, I suppose for now I will just set the double tap to the contact list or something else fast and hope that Google gains a bit of sense. It really doesn't make sense for them to use a predefined list...I can't think of another preset app list like that anywhere.

Reaction score
It seems like folder organizer had some options for double tap. Ill scope it out tomorrow, you don't have to be rooted or rommed for it to work. If someone knows before I can reply again please share.

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."

OP
W

wioneo

Reaction score
I looked through the Folder Organizer feature list, but I didn't see anything about the tap option.

LGOP

Reaction score
menu/settings/applications/double tap home launch

OP
W

wioneo

Reaction score
menu/settings/applications/double tap home launch

Thank you for trying to help, but that specific context menu has been mentioned several times in this topic. Including the original post.

LGOP

Reaction score
i see what your trying to do, just didnt catch it in the opening post. What option are you trying to make available for the home button, just more choices? Use Launcher Pro and customize your dock, and make the home button do what you want.

OP
W

wioneo

Reaction score
To be specific I want to set the double tap to the stock camcorder, and I really don't have any other reason to root so if that is necessary, I guess that I will suffer through painstaking hassle that is manually switching to camcorder mode(much to fond of my partially filled main home screen to change it) for a bit longer...