Changing default music player

brick1972

Reaction score
OK so I am one of the many who ended up with the music player constantly pooping all over itself after Froyo upgrade. Since I'm not a big fan of the stock player anyway, I dl'ed and have been using MixZing. I really like it and I haven't had the freezing problems.

Here is my problem, though. I have BT integration with my car. I like playing music through the BT and that is also all going well, except for one thing. When the phone first pairs with the car to play music, or, when I use the controls of the car to change tracks (but not volume), the droid launches the stock music player. Obviously this is more of an annoyance than anything, but I would really like it not to happen.

I do not want to root. Too much going on in life right now to take that on (even if it is simple I would want to fully customize and do a bunch of crap and it would take forever). Is there any way to get the phone to using MixZing as the stock player? I can't find it in sounds, applications, or either of the players settings. Hopefully I'm just missing something easy.

Thanks

edit: Also, this is my first post, but I have been reading for a while. Lots of good info around here.

liferefugee

Reaction score
Not sure personally but would love to know the answer. Tired of hitting buttons on my headset and getting something other than what I wanted.

Typed with Swype on my Droid X and sent with Tapatalk.

dwfj888

Reaction score
OK, I am really surprised that no one else is complaining about this issue. I use bluetooth headsets and bluetooth for the car and both create havok while playing music using the 'cubed' music app, which is much better than the stock player. When I try to pause the 'cubed', the stock player starts playing something random.
VERY fustrating.

dweicht31

Reaction score
I had the same issue. I got rid of the default player and I am using autostarts to configure which music app enables the media button