Dumb music players!

tjoebgen

Reaction score
Seriously! Dumb is such a perfect word for every music players I've tried so far. I'm just now trying WinAmp. I didn't know they had a droid app -I've been a winamp fan forever! But I'm shocked to see that even WinAmp doesn't have a Stop button. Why do none of the droid music players have a stop button? Are they limited to having to use whatever controls droid gives them? If so, that is probably why NONE of these players know how to manage a playlist properly, and why there are so many apps out there that try (and fail).

I'll have more to say after I give WinAmp a shakedown.

OP
C

cavaliercarey

Reaction score
I really like Winamp but it doesn't sync wirelessly for me. Apparently many people are having this problem. It is just out though and still beta so I'll wait. I'm losing my mind over trying to sync from my computer to phone without having albums split up or duplicated. I'm not good with the whole tagging thing and it took me forever just to get one downloaded album from 7 separate albums on my phone to the one it really is. I have MP3 tagger but really don't get it.... finally just copied the folder from desktop to phone manually. :(

tjoebgen

Reaction score
I'm fine using the usb cable for transferring. My main issue is that every single one of these programs, including winamp, fails to see certain songs in the folders that I created. They all see the same 2 songs, but there are 15 songs in this folder now. I've even deleted the folder and created a new one (different name), re-dragged the songs in from PC. The music players all see just 2 songs. Using a droid explorer, the songs are there and playable (but only one at a time, manually). Winamp can see the songs when I show all, or search, but it refuses to see them in that folder. Tells me that they are using the built-in playlist engine - which is dumb. Why can't these players display all the songs in this folder, when it can clearly see them in the ALL lists.

I want to build my playlists via PC by dragging and dropping in folders - more precise and much quicker than using the handheld. $10 players can do it - why can't the Droid?

Edward650

Reaction score
you could try double twist, its basically itunes in a way because it organizes your music nicely but it doesnt stop you from doing anything. i haven't had any issues with it except for album artwork but its not a big deal