Change "personalize" button to something else?

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
I know this is an amateur question... But I'm totally new to sense ui (coming from blur) . Can I customize that button? How?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

dzone67

Reaction score
Not to sure if you can change it. Flash a ROM if your rooted? Even then I somewhat doubt it. You don't like the personalize button on the bottom right?

Sent from a Rezound!

Malkavian

Reaction score
I was unable to find a way to change the Personalize button on the home screen to something else. I now use launcher pro plus and don't use SenseUI for the home screens. It allows me to change the dock icons.

kimintenn

Reaction score
I was unable to find a way to change the Personalize button on the home screen to something else. I now use launcher pro plus and don't use SenseUI for the home screens. It allows me to change the dock icons.
Same here except I'm using Go Launcher EX. I wasn't fond of Sense and at least this hides it. I have noticed my phone is slower switching from screen to screen now though.

Malkavian

Reaction score
If you didn't remove sense from the phone you might want to make sure it is not running. I have noticed that sometimes it is running even though it is not being displayed. You might try and tweaking some of the setting in Go Launcher EX, maybe the cache settings and see if that doesn't speed it up a bit.

kimintenn

Reaction score
If you didn't remove sense from the phone you might want to make sure it is not running. I have noticed that sometimes it is running even though it is not being displayed. You might try and tweaking some of the setting in Go Launcher EX, maybe the cache settings and see if that doesn't speed it up a bit.
I didn't remove Sense because I'm not rooted. (not brave enough to try it since I'm technically challenged sometimes! LOL) I think its definitely running in the background but I don't know how to stop it.

I'd welcome any suggestions on speeding things up because there is definitely delay with Go Launcher EX on my phone. I only have 4 home screens and they are nowhere near full and most of my apps are in folders if they are on a homescreen. And I only have 1 widget going so it seems like to me it shouldn't be delayed when switching from screen to screen but it is. Right now when I switch to a new screen there will be no icons and then they'll pop up after just a second, but I thought it should be seemless.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That could be the transition effect you have chosen. Some of them aren't ready for prime time and cause a lag.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

mjones73

Reaction score
Only way I know is with a custom rom, I'm running BAMF cubed and you can assign the button to another app. It still appears the same but in my case it opens the camera now.

Malkavian

Reaction score
I am currently running Launcher Pro Plus and haven't seen a lag, but there are a lot of memory usage items and cache setting for Launcher Pro. I would look into the settings and see if there is any way to speed up transitions. Also look at what else might be running. There could be a program that is yanking processor cycles. Also, make sure that you tell Go Launcher EX that it needs to be kept in memory. It could be that the OS is removing it from memory or screens from memory and need to be redrawn.

Michael