Capacitive Button Light

therealproj

Reaction score
The white light for the capacitive buttons will turn on and off randomly. And no its not due to the light sensitivity because it will do it in the same lighting. I've done multiple factory resets and same problem. Doea anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I don't want to get a replacement phone because I don't want to go through the hassle of unrooting and I'm worried about voiding the warranty. Thanks in advance.

Markee

Reaction score
Same Problem...

The white light for the capacitive buttons will turn on and off randomly. And no its not due to the light sensitivity because it will do it in the same lighting. I've done multiple factory resets and same problem. Doea anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I don't want to get a replacement phone because I don't want to go through the hassle of unrooting and I'm worried about voiding the warranty. Thanks in advance.

I have this same problem with my new Bionic. I see it most when I am using the Kindle app to read my books. The buttons flash on and off randomly... My old original droid did not do this.. Hopefull this gets fixed with the next rev of software..

OP
T

therealproj

Reaction score
Nevermind. Found a fix. Use app called keyboard backlight controller. Available from market for free. Works great. You can choose to eithrt keep the lights on or off all the time.

Markee

Reaction score
Keyboard Backlight Controller may be a "fix", but simply removing a feature is not really a fix, it is a bandaid to cover up a problem... I like to have them illuminate sometimes and not other times, but just a random going on and off, is not the way they should work. This is clearly a bug and should be fixed by motorola in a future software upgrade..

z96Cobra

Reaction score
The button lights are tied to the proximity sensor.

They're actually tied to the light sensor. It's the one closest to the notification LED. If it senses enough light, the buttons will dim. Too dark and they light. Try it by shining a light into the sensor or covering it with your finger.