1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can't use internet browser....help!

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by mrgagentleman, Mar 15, 2011.

1. mrgagentleman

mrgagentleman New Member

I'm hoping someone here can help me out. Every time I try to log on to the browser, unless its a Google site, as soon as the site completely loads, it takes me right back to the app I was previously using or the home screen. I have gone into settings but I see nothing that sets anything for the browser. Is there anything I can do about it or do I need to use my warranty to get a new phone? Someone please help!

Oh yeah, also, I purchased this phone from best buy. First time doing so. Do you have to purchase their insurance to get a warranty replacement or no?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Two things to try:

First; go to Manage Applications/All/Browser and clear defaults, clear cache and clear data.

Second; if that doesn't work, do a factory hard reset -

• [FONT=&quot]Turn the power off. If your HTC DROID Incredible is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Hold the Volume Down button[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Press and release the Power button[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Press and release the Power button[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC DROID Incredible. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.[/FONT]
  3. mrgagentleman

mrgagentleman New Member

Factory hard reset did the trick. Thanks!
Search tags for this page
cannot use browser on android phone
cant get internet htc droid
cant use internet on deois htc
droid incredible 2 internet browser doesnt work

how to access the browser on the incredible 2 phone

htc droid cant get online
htc incredible will not access internet
internet explorer for htc incredible
reload internet explorer on my htc thunderbolt
verizon droid razr internet explorer browser

what internet explorer does droid incredible use