Hijacked browser home page Droid Incredible

jaynorth

Reaction score
Someone had hijacked my browser (built in) home page. I have tried to reset my homepage using the browser settings but it does not change. The settings page shows the correct home page but each time I open the browser it goes to the hijack page (Fake Firefox suspended by Google -- this is the site I am being redirected to). Need help! Thank you. :icon_evil:

aDroidman

Reaction score
try clearing your cache and if that doesn't work there are a few anti virus software apps in the market that do a decent job.

OP
J

jaynorth

Reaction score
Hijacked!

Thanks. Clearing cache didn't work. Will go to antivirus solution.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, virus protection won't work. Have you tried another browser and does it do the same thing? Maybe give Dolphin HD a try.

If that doesn't work then the only choice you have would be to do a factory data reset out of your privacy section. I had something like that happen to my Mac once and basically had to reset several items to clear it up. A factory data reset is what will do it for you.

OP
J

jaynorth

Reaction score
Thanks Hook. Tough medicine. Have no idea where I picked up the hijack. What I have decided to do (till I have have more unexpected trouble) is to remove my cool, neat browser short cut icon (which sends me to Germany hijackers site) from my desktop and replace it with a bookmark (dull) for my home page. I tried Dolphin but actually found it a bit slower than built in. Thanks again.