can't unmount memory?

shadow man

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've had my Dinc for a bit under a week now, but I'm trying to get to know it pretty well. I've run into an issue that I haven't been able to find any answers about regarding how to unmount my sd card. I go where I need to go in the phone, push unmount (tried a long press too), and nothing happens. When I eject the card anyway, it tells me to unmount it first...which of course it won't let me do. Any help on this?

ffej89

Reaction score
Why do you want to unmount the card? Is there something i can help you do without unmounting. I have the Evo which has the same op system. Are you replacing the card or are you just trying to add things to it?

OP
S

shadow man

Reaction score
I would like to upgrade my card at some point, but I essentially just want to know if this is a faulty function or not. By logic, pushing "unmount card" should do just that rather then resulting in getting a warning message about the sd card being unexpectedly removed.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would just turn off the phone then take it out. When the phone comes back on is when it mounts the s/d card. So I would assume turning the phone off unmounts it.

atthehop

Reaction score
I would just turn off the phone then take it out. When the phone comes back on is when it mounts the s/d card. So I would assume turning the phone off unmounts it.

Thats allI ever do when removing my SD card. Shut it all the way down.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Thats allI ever do when removing my SD card. Shut it all the way down.

I just kind of figured it was common sense... head shrug

ffej89

Reaction score
I've never unmounted with the phone on either