Unmount doesn't work

Zlaya

Reaction score
Hi All,

I started experiencing a problem unmounting SD card using the settings menu.

I select "Unmount SD card", the system says 'unmounting', but then it fails to unmount - i can still browse the SD card contents.

I noticed this after i started having difficulties connecting my droid to my computer via USB. In other words, when i click "Turn on USB storage", i get a spinny circle, but it never mounts. This is when i tried unmounting the SD card and it never unmounts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

EDIT:
Just to clarify, i can read the SD card contents just fine, if i browse through it using ASTRO, or when i plug it into an SDCard reader on my PC.

Last edited:

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I assume you've already rebooted the phone? You may also try pulling out the SD card and booting the phone, then turning it off, reinsert the SD card and power it back on.

Sounds like it could also have something to do with the USB driver but that wouldn't explain why it wont unmount on the phone. Regardless what I'd usually try is:
-Right-click on My Computer and click Manage
-Go to Device Manager
-Scroll down to the bottom where it says Universal Serial Bus controllers
-Find the one associated with the device, right-click it and uninstall

Then reconnect the phone to the computer so that the device can be detected and the driver reinstalled.

OP
Z

Zlaya

Reaction score
I assume you've already rebooted the phone? You may also try pulling out the SD card and booting the phone, then turning it off, reinsert the SD card and power it back on.

This simple step fixed the problem. I had to take the card out, and boot the phone up without the card. Then i had to shut the phone down again, and insert the card back in. After booting the phone, the card mounts and unmounts OK.

You're awesome. Thanks for your help.