Can't Stop Audio Advertisements

yatesbros

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
My phone plays audio advertisements about once a day and I cannot figure out how to stop it. They even play when I am not using my phone. It is an HTC phone.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DF, yatesbros! That is very annoying. Did this issue start recently or has it been happening for a while. Your most likely culprit is a recently installed app. I would uninstall any apps that you added recently. If that stops your audio advertisements, then you can add those apps back, one at a time. Get rid of the one that causes those audio advertisements.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
Y

yatesbros

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Welcome to DF, yatesbros! That is very annoying. Did this issue start recently or has it been happening for a while. Your most likely culprit is a recently installed app. I would uninstall any apps that you added recently. If that stops your audio advertisements, then you can add those apps back, one at a time. Get rid of the one that causes those audio advertisements.

Yes, I thought about that,but I have very few apps. And I can't remember adding one and then the audio advertisements beginning. Should I try removing the apps one at a time to see if any stop the audio advertisements? It would take me a while to get through as it only seems to happen about once a day. Thank you for your help.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It seems like a pretty sneaky practice making it so hard to catch by only having one a day. You could go in play store, read the reviews on the different apps you have installed. See if they mention anything about this annoying advertising. Also from play store, look at how many people have downloaded the app. Chances are the app with this problem is not very popular. I am pretty sure it won't be an app that is popular. There are also apps you can install that will tell you about the types of advertising your installed apps use. I have used addons detector in the past.