Can't silence gmail notifications??

DP03

Reaction score
Been playing with my Facinate for about a week and really love it. Coming from the orig Droid I like it much better. I'm not having issues as reported by others. My GPS is spot on. And although this phone doesn't show as many bars as my Droid did, the call clarity is excellent....best of any phone I've owned.

Now, to something I can't figure out. I have 3 emal accounts synched. I have the ringtone for notifications set to silence for all 3. But for some reason my gmail account stills sounds off. Can't get it to silence. Anyone else with this?

Thanks.

Zalyia38

Reaction score
Been playing with my Facinate for about a week and really love it. Coming from the orig Droid I like it much better. I'm not having issues as reported by others. My GPS is spot on. And although this phone doesn't show as many bars as my Droid did, the call clarity is excellent....best of any phone I've owned.

Now, to something I can't figure out. I have 3 emal accounts synched. I have the ringtone for notifications set to silence for all 3. But for some reason my gmail account stills sounds off. Can't get it to silence. Anyone else with this?

Thanks.

Hmmm...I just tested it with mine...I have 2 gmail accounts. I went into each Gmail account and set it to 'silent' and I only get the notification in the bar no sounds. Try selecting a sound then selecting silent again...maybe for some strange reason it didn't take.

OP
D

DP03

Reaction score

Thanks.

Hmmm...I just tested it with mine...I have 2 gmail accounts. I went into each Gmail account and set it to 'silent' and I only get the notification in the bar no sounds. Try selecting a sound then selecting silent again...maybe for some strange reason it didn't take.

Yea, this was weird. I tried what you said and changed tones. Send some test emails and it rang with the same tone as before I changed it, which happens to be my text tone. So I went to look at it again and it had changed itself back to the text tone. Almost as if it was treating Gmail as a text. So I silenced it again, and now it works. 10th time is the charm I guess. Hopefully that gremlin is gone. Thanks.

Zalyia38

Reaction score

Thanks.

Yea, this was weird. I tried what you said and changed tones. Send some test emails and it rang with the same tone as before I changed it, which happens to be my text tone. So I went to look at it again and it had changed itself back to the text tone. Almost as if it was treating Gmail as a text. So I silenced it again, and now it works. 10th time is the charm I guess. Hopefully that gremlin is gone. Thanks.

That is odd!

Sent from my phone using my keyboard

JoeK

Reaction score
how did you get two gmail accounts? It will not let me, says cannot establish a reliable connection to the server when i tried to add a account.

Zalyia38

Reaction score
how did you get two gmail accounts? It will not let me, says cannot establish a reliable connection to the server when i tried to add a account.

Try rebooting then adding it. Possible you don't have a good connection? Maybe try with wifi on. You should be able to add it no prob.

Zalyia38

Reaction score

Try rebooting then adding it. Possible you don't have a good connection? Maybe try with wifi on. You should be able to add it no prob.

Yeah...now I get the same error :(