silence email notifications

clbassett

Reaction score
Please help. I have never had a smart phone before and I am a novice. I have my yahoo email set up on the facinate I just got today. (well, the sales person set it up for me) I want a notification sound for a text but not for a new email. I get many emails and this will drive me nuts. How can I silence the yahoo email sound without silencing the text notifications? Please remember, I am very smart phone illiterate. thank you for any advice how to navigate this.

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
Alright...why one of your fellow phone users has not come to your rescue has me tapping my foot, but this is football season. Sounds for settings in email usually are found inside the email settings. Since you are new what I am telling you to do is go into your inbox and whatever button you push to bring up your smartphone options then you have layers of other menus there. Usually its settings, sounds and notifications and a checkmark or sound selector on a smart phone. Time after timewith each new device I bought I would make myself go through the layers to get acquainted with my phone. Sometimes this helped and others I wanted to kick myself for changing a setting, want to change it back and start all over again to find it, but thats getting to know your device.