Can't see/delete email trash

dbcondit

Reaction score
I can't seem to bring up my email trash folder. I was originally trying to empty it, the folder came up with 1341 deleted messages, I hit "select all" and hit the trash can icon and nothing happened. I waited and waited and...nothing. Now when I try to bring up the trash folder nothing comes up, though it says at the top I still have 1341 messages in the trash. Any thoughts? Thank you!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I assume you are using the stock email app? If that is the case, I would suggest first to switch to K-9 email app. It is about 1000 times better.

OK, as to your actual problem. If it were me, I would go into the main menu/settings/applications/manage applications/all (or running)/email/clear cache/clear data.

Gook luck.

OP
D

dbcondit

Reaction score
Thanks for your help Bayou...Sorry, I should've mentioned that I am using K-9 Mail, and I did try to clear the cache but there wasn't any to clear. And when I go into K-9 to the trash folder it says I have 1321 messages there but when I open the folder none of them show up.

lrsjazz

Reaction score
Successfully emptied TRASH folder...

Well I assume you are using the stock email app? If that is the case, I would suggest first to switch to K-9 email app. It is about 1000 times better.

OK, as to your actual problem. If it were me, I would go into the main menu/settings/applications/manage applications/all (or running)/email/clear cache/clear data.

Gook luck.

Thanks Bayou...I'm using the "stock email app" and didn't know how to clear my trash folder. I went to main menu/settings etc and cleared the cache. I think I'll give K-9 a try! dancedroid