1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can't Overclock

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by ForestGump, May 13, 2010.

1. ForestGump

ForestGump New Member

Hello!

I try to add a kernel onto my rooted phone. I have UD 10 and I thought I put a kernel on it, or one came with it. I have setCPU and it says it can go to 1ghz but when I ran the long test it ran like 1378ms! And I tried many of kernels now and when I add one on, it just force closes EVERYTHING and cannot find service. It seems as if it removes the rom. I tried it the update.zip through the recovery way, and tured through ROMmanager. So if some knows an answer, it will be really nice to get a fast phone.
  2. hiphopvenom

hiphopvenom New Member

Roms usually come with a stock kernel now.. did you click on autodetect on set CPU settings?
  3. ForestGump

ForestGump New Member

Yes, and it came up as 1ghz. But its lagging worst than stock. Its not 1ghz. And when I tried to go to UD New Era, the setCPU on auto detect says its .6ghz
  4. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

Not all kernels are compatable with every rom. A detailed listing of the roms, kernels, and steps you're using might be helpful.
  5. ForestGump

ForestGump New Member

I used the list that they said would work and they don't work. Maybe I should just try a new rom, or do a wipe and redo the root
  6. teddyearp

teddyearp New Member

Yes maybe so. But if you want to try to get some actual help, read. Provide us with a DETAILED list of the rom's kernels, and steps you're using. With this stuff, it is ALL about the DETAILS.

good luck