Can't Overclock

ForestGump

Reaction score
Hello!

I try to add a kernel onto my rooted phone. I have UD 10 and I thought I put a kernel on it, or one came with it. I have setCPU and it says it can go to 1ghz but when I ran the long test it ran like 1378ms! And I tried many of kernels now and when I add one on, it just force closes EVERYTHING and cannot find service. It seems as if it removes the rom. I tried it the update.zip through the recovery way, and tured through ROMmanager. So if some knows an answer, it will be really nice to get a fast phone.

hiphopvenom

Reaction score
Roms usually come with a stock kernel now.. did you click on autodetect on set CPU settings?

OP
ForestGump

ForestGump

Reaction score
Roms usually come with a stock kernel now.. did you click on autodetect on set CPU settings?

Yes, and it came up as 1ghz. But its lagging worst than stock. Its not 1ghz. And when I tried to go to UD New Era, the setCPU on auto detect says its .6ghz

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Not all kernels are compatable with every rom. A detailed listing of the roms, kernels, and steps you're using might be helpful.

OP
ForestGump

ForestGump

Reaction score
I used the list that they said would work and they don't work. Maybe I should just try a new rom, or do a wipe and redo the root

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Not all kernels are compatable with every rom. A detailed listing of the roms, kernels, and steps you're using might be helpful.

Yes maybe so. But if you want to try to get some actual help, read. Provide us with a DETAILED list of the rom's kernels, and steps you're using. With this stuff, it is ALL about the DETAILS.

good luck