Can't Overclock

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by ForestGump, May 13, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. ForestGump

ForestGump Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

I try to add a kernel onto my rooted phone. I have UD 10 and I thought I put a kernel on it, or one came with it. I have setCPU and it says it can go to 1ghz but when I ran the long test it ran like 1378ms! And I tried many of kernels now and when I add one on, it just force closes EVERYTHING and cannot find service. It seems as if it removes the rom. I tried it the update.zip through the recovery way, and tured through ROMmanager. So if some knows an answer, it will be really nice to get a fast phone.
  2. hiphopvenom

hiphopvenom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Roms usually come with a stock kernel now.. did you click on autodetect on set CPU settings?
  3. ForestGump

ForestGump Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, and it came up as 1ghz. But its lagging worst than stock. Its not 1ghz. And when I tried to go to UD New Era, the setCPU on auto detect says its .6ghz
  4. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Not all kernels are compatable with every rom. A detailed listing of the roms, kernels, and steps you're using might be helpful.
  5. ForestGump

ForestGump Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used the list that they said would work and they don't work. Maybe I should just try a new rom, or do a wipe and redo the root
  6. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yes maybe so. But if you want to try to get some actual help, read. Provide us with a DETAILED list of the rom's kernels, and steps you're using. With this stuff, it is ALL about the DETAILS.

good luck