need help.. browser closes..among others

dawg2009

Reaction score
sorry for the new thread.. I rooted back from the 2.1 update, installed ultimated droid v10. I installed overclock kernels, it seems I have lost superuser privledges. I cannot update.zip new kernel, or install through nandroid.. This is a abbreviated version but I could use some gidence if anyone has the time.. Oh and my browser will now close.. will load google but closes right after on it's own.. thanks

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Pretty hard to know how to help when you're posting this same problem in two-three threads and getting all kinds of answers. I'm not going to try to figure out where you are that way, sorry.

Ultimately try the DMUpdater way to regain root.

good luck

dr01dm0dd3r

Reaction score
We need some more specifics to help, what was the last thing udid, what rom were u running, did u reinstall supert userwhitelist

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sorry for the new thread.. I rooted back from the 2.1 update, installed ultimated droid v10. I installed overclock kernels, it seems I have lost superuser privledges. I cannot update.zip new kernel, or install through nandroid.. This is a abbreviated version but I could use some gidence if anyone has the time.. Oh and my browser will now close.. will load google but closes right after on it's own.. thanks

What you can do is install the previous ultimate droid (9 or 9.8) to regain root; and then try reinstalling v10. When installing new roms make sure you have atleast 50%+ battery life and you wipe data and chache.) Also get a battery widget; the problem with the battery icon in the notification bar is that it shows green until 30%. If you try to install roms at 30% your battery may die and then you are stuck in a boot loop until you charge your battery.

OP
dawg2009

dawg2009

Reaction score
ok well thank you for the replies.. I was able to get root back by nandroid back up to preinstall.. but udv10 will not reload.. ultimately with cyanogenmod.. think i will stay away from udv10 til bugs r out..

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Glad you got 'er fixed. And as fas as staying away from UD, that sounds like a REAL good idea, too. Most of the threads I have been reading here in rescue squad deal with UD rom problems.