1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can't get rid of notification msg: ""Authorize HTC sense to access your Facebook"

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by kimintenn, Jan 13, 2012.

1. kimintenn

kimintenn New Member

Just got my rezound yesterday and when logging into facebook a notification popped up that said ""Authorize HTC sense to access your Facebook". Unfortunately I can't get rid of the notification and it stays up at the top of the screen. If I click on it, it goes to a facebook type page that says "an error occurred with Sense on facebook, please try again later. However, my facebook app works fine, I just can't get rid of the error notification. Pressing clear doesn't remove it.

Anyone seen this? I did a google search and saw a few other people with the issue, but no real fix.

Edited to add fix:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ht...c-sense-access-your-facebook.html#post1970471
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  2. Mondingo

Mondingo New Member

Try removing Facebook account under Accounts and syncs and then add Facebook again. Log back in and see what happens..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums
  3. kimintenn

kimintenn New Member

Thanks, I'll try that.
  4. Mondingo

Mondingo New Member

If that does not work, try going under manage applications and select all. Then Facebook for Htc Sense. Clear the data and cache. Forcestop it and then try it again.

5. kimintenn

kimintenn New Member

Thanks! Tried this and it did remove the notification temporarily but as soon as I tried to log back into facebook it came back.
    I noticed in my running application list that it shows "facebook" and "facebook for sense"... is there a difference?
  6. Mondingo

Mondingo New Member

You can access Facebook Sense from friend stream. It's kind of like a short cut to Facebook without tapping on the Facebook app. It should be one of your default home screens. It's a widget I believe.

7. Mondingo

Mondingo New Member

If none works I would at least try to restart your phone fully. But take the fast boot off first. I believe its under Settings and then power. Uncheck Fast boot and power off the phone completely. It will take at least a minute to restart. Last resort is factory reset..

8. kimintenn

kimintenn New Member

Tried to access it through Friends Stream and it pulled it up but still gave the Can't access error. I'll try rebooting like you suggested... what does the Fast Boot do anyway? (I just unchecked it)
  9. Mondingo

Mondingo New Member

Facebook and Facebook for Htc Sense will stay running as soon as you access it. You did select yes when it asked you right?

10. kimintenn

kimintenn New Member

11. kimintenn

kimintenn New Member

Yes, I did... Is there any chance it's being caused by the I don't let Facebook sync with my contacts? (it asks that when you login the first time)
  12. Mondingo

Mondingo New Member

Some apps for some reason will not run or boot up correctly if fast boot is on. I yet to have a problem though. What you could do also is remove friend stream from your home page and then add it again. Just hold your finger in the page . Drag it down to remove, then hold your finger in the blank page, select widget and friend stream.. Other then that I'm lost. Maybe someone else has a better suggestion. Good luck.

13. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Moderator Premium Member

I had to flat out remove the HTC compiled facebook and install it from the market before I got this to stop. If you actually want it to work, then god help you...haha....or just do a factory reset and start over again. Sense isn't too forgiving when it comes to errors.
  14. kimintenn

kimintenn New Member

Love your avatar! Great movies.

I wanted to uninstall all of the facebook stuff and then redo it, but it wouldn't let me uninstall, or at least i couldnt figure out how to.
  15. kimintenn

kimintenn New Member

I think I finally fixed it! In case anybody else ever has this problem, try this:
    Facebook on your PC > Privacy Settings > Apps and Settings (at bottom of page); click edit > click Turn On Apps > Login to FB on your phone

Edited to add: that is definitely the fix... I tried turning off apps on FB/PC and FB/phone had the error again. Turning them back on fixed it.
  16. kjw94109

kjw94109 New Member

This is a facebook privacy settings problem. Here are the instructions to fix the problem that I got from HTC customer service. Once I turned on platform applications, the notification did not reappear.

"This sounds like you need to enable HTC Sense to access your Facebook account via the Facebook website. To do this, log into your Facebook account from a PC. On the top right of facebook, click account > privacy settings.
    Under Applications and Websites on the bottom left, click "edit your settings" for using applications, games, and websites. Under the list of most recently used applications, check for a link that says "turn ON platform applications.". If you have this link, click it then test to see if you can connect with your phone. If you do not have this link, go back one page to privacy settings, and under "Block Lists" select "Edit your lists" of blocked people and applications. If HTC Sense is on the list, click unblock."
  17. mjones73

mjones73 New Member

You need to root your phone to remove the factory installed copy...
  18. filboov

filboov New Member

This worked on my desire hd with Android Revolution HD 7.0.2 custom rom installed, cheers :)
  19. PieMan

PieMan New Member

I hate my phone - an HTC Amaze, which currently and continually has issues like that. Add to that other "intuitive" things that it thinks I want it to do & the battery life of a Mayfly. Really feel duped when I was sold this phone.
  20. heffay93

heffay93 New Member

Removing facebook account fixed it

In my rezound I went to accounts and sync and removed the facebook account. Easy fix.
Search tags for this page
authorise htc sense to access your facebook

authorize htc sense

authorize htc sense error

authorize htc sense facebook
authorize htc sense facebook error
authorize htc sense to access facebook

authorize htc sense to access your facebook

authorize htc sense to access your facebook error

how to authorize htc sense
how to authorize htc sense for facebook
how to authorize htc sense to access facebook