Can't get rid of unread text notification

BlackOutMMA

Reaction score
I just got my Droid X2 and as of the past 3 days I've had this 2nd text notification pop up and I can't get rid of it unless I clear the notification bar. I'm using handcent as my primary sms and I have turned off the native text program notifications as well. I have tried pulling the battery, doing a soft reboot and it keeps popping up whenever I receive a new message. It's not a problem for the phone but more of a nuisance for me. If anyone has any ideas please help, I'm desperate! Also, I'm using ADW as my home replacement.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The notification bar should give you an idea of what app is sending the second notification (icon, maybe even a name) what app is it?

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
B

BlackOutMMA

Reaction score
That's the thing, its not giving me a name for the application and I've never seen the icon before. I've gone through all of the handcent icons and its not that. I've disabled every possible text notification besides handcent that I can think of as well. I'm at a loss.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Post a screen cap

Screenshot ER on xda forums works for the X2

Sent from my DROID X2

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They both look like handcent to me.

Un install handcent

Get someone to text you

Report back

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
B

BlackOutMMA

Reaction score
I tried posting it on here and it keeps giving me the broken url. Thats why I just posted the http link for the picture so you could see it in my previous message.

OP
B

BlackOutMMA

Reaction score
I've un-installed it twice and I'm still getting the same icon pop up every time someone texts me. It's not handcent cause they don't have that icon to choose from.

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You either

Didn't disable stock mortification

Or

Have another texting app installed.

Other than that only thing you can do is do a factory reset and start from scratch.

Sent from my DROID X2

OP
B

BlackOutMMA

Reaction score
I have all of the notifications turned off and the only after market text program I have is handcent. looks like im factory resetting it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
First off, watch the language...
Secondly, before you do a factory reset have you tried wiping data and cache for the stock messaging app??

sent from somewhere...

OP
B

BlackOutMMA

Reaction score
Excuse the language, it's the frustration talking. And yes I have tried clearing the cache from the native program and still no luck. I'm stuck so I'm just going to reset it.

OP
B

BlackOutMMA

Reaction score
I figured out the issue after wiping the phone and re-installing each program one by one. If you have Beautiful Widgets SMS pack, make sure to un-check the notification box in the settings. Sucks it had to take that much work but at least it got fixed.