Cannot get rid of Facebook notifications

streetkid

Reaction score
Maybe try going to the phone settings > accounts & sync, and turn off syncing from facebook

VolDroid

Reaction score
Have you opened facebook, hit menu on your phone and set refresh interval to never and turned off notifications?

Large Farva

Reaction score
I have this exact same problem. No one had any answers in my thread either. Hopefully there will be a new update soon to fix it.

VolDroid

Reaction score
i went into the settings and unchecked all the notification options and then set the notifications as inactive and I haven't gotten any more.

jthorpe

Reaction score
I have done ALL of those things, and nothing works. I still continue to get the facebook notifications. PLEASE, someone just point me to the 1.4.1 apk and this will be overwith!! Or facebook, fix your stupid app!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it the email notification that's being sent and causing the notification on your phone? You can turn that off via facebook as well. But if not, it's got to be a setting, I use FB on my droid 1 and had no problem disabling the comment notifications.

anuraj1

Reaction score
This is hilarious because I WANT the push notifications and can't get them to start.

OP
FootballRef

FootballRef

Reaction score
None of this works for me to get rid of notifications. I have my refresh interval set to never. I also have everything it gives me the option to notify me of unchecked, and I also have notifications unchecked. Yet, I still receive notifications in my notification bar. It is things that I don't necessarily receive emails for too.

If there anyway to go to an older version? I am now using the version that comes on the Droid X.

OP
FootballRef

FootballRef

Reaction score
I now have notifications checked, but I have all options unchecked and I have my refresh interval set to never. Lets see if that works.

chrstdvd

Reaction score
SOLVED
This is a subject in many threads and every time I come across one I scour it for "the answer", because I hate getting notifications from facebook posts. I have tinkered with the social media app, the facebook app and on and on.

This morning I have figured it out!!!

I did this on my phone but you can do it on the computer if you have trouble getting the full Facebook website on your phone. I kept getting the Mobile site for a long time, but after tinkering, I finally got the full website.

1. In your "Account" tab there is a "notification" tab. Go into that and delete all the check marks by items you do not want to receive in either email or sms columns. Go to bottom of screen and save your changes.

2. No more notifications.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
SOLVED
This is a subject in many threads and every time I come across one I scour it for "the answer", because I hate getting notifications from facebook posts. I have tinkered with the social media app, the facebook app and on and on.

This morning I have figured it out!!!

I did this on my phone but you can do it on the computer if you have trouble getting the full Facebook website on your phone. I kept getting the Mobile site for a long time, but after tinkering, I finally got the full website.

1. In your "Account" tab there is a "notification" tab. Go into that and delete all the check marks by items you do not want to receive in either email or sms columns. Go to bottom of screen and save your changes.

2. No more notifications.

doesn't that turn off the notifications on your computer as well?

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
just tried the notification thing on full facebook site......it worked.

Thanks chrstdvd!

chrstdvd

Reaction score
On your phone or on your computer go to the full web site. Click on Account, click on Account Settings, click the Notification tab and uncheck all you do not want then save.

Go to Mobil tab, turn texts off, remove your phone nr, and or uncheck the Andirod app as being able to receive the texts/notifications and save.