Can't get into recovery

usher6360

Reaction score
Hello. So I'm trying to get into recovery from hboot. I start hboot click bootloader and then click recovery. The white screen that says HTC incredible pops up and then I go back into hboot. I have clockworkmod 3.0.0.8 and I tried to go into recovery from Rom manager and that didnt work either. Any solutions?

Last edited:

rosser

Reaction score
Have you tried re-flashing ClockworkMod from ROM Manager
You can do that by clicking the first button in ROM Manager (it should say flash ClockWorkMod)

smtom

Reaction score
Assume that in recovery you are navigating the menu with volume +/-. To select your choice, you use the trackball.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Make sure to reflash clockwork through rom manager but this time hit the menu button and go to settings. Make sure you have erase recovery selected. Then reflash the recovery. Then reboot into recovery.

OP
usher6360

usher6360

Reaction score
Ok thank you Doug!

Sent from my rooted Droid Incredible

themorey

Reaction score
+1

This just helped me as well. Erasing the Recovery before flashing it should be the default.

kramer56

Reaction score
I cant get anything to load or to be found when I click on it in recovery. verizon walked me thru a factory reset yesterday and now my apps were missing, including titanium back up and rom manager. I am trying to get back to stock, s-on and unrooted but nothing is working at all. i wiped cache as well this morning. My replacement phone is being delivered today so before i give this back to verizon it needs to be unrooted, BUT HOW lol

kramer56

Reaction score
I have a better idea, I know what verizon would give me for my phone in trade anyone want to buy it???

gettrey

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm sure the answer to this question exists somewhere deep and cozy in one of these threads. Searching has not led me to the answer so I'm just going to ask. I just got my wife a Droid and rooted it. I went the old manual route, no superoneclick. Phone is on 2.2.3 stock. I have SU app, downloaded Rom Manager and flashed clockwork. I can't get into recovery to install a new rom. I have held x and powered on, I just get to the "M" then the phone hangs for a few seconds and reboots normally.
While I'm asking questions. I'd love some suggestions. I am flashing the phone to get some bloatware off of it, speed it up, and keep it stable. I'm a bit of a purist too, so the closer to aosp the better. BUT the big thing is stability and speed since it's for my wife. I run a Droid X2 with CM7 and I love it. Just new to this forum for the little OG droid. Thanks for the help in advance.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What method did you use to root? Some of the versions had a boot check that would rewrite the stock recovery after a reboot. I would download quickboot from the market, and try to boot into recovery with that app. Let me know what happens!

gettrey

Reaction score
same thing as last time. Just hangs on "M" and then screen goes black, "M" comes back and it reboots normal.