System Hangs on 'HTC Incredible' Screen when Flashing a ROM

x216 Irish

Reaction score
Hey all, I am having a problem and have looked everywhere to find out what is going wrong but all the solutions to similar problems I have seen do not seem to work.

Yesterday I succesfully rooted my Incredible. Using ROM Manager I flashed ClockworkMod Recovery, which worked, and downloaded the CyanogenMod ROM, which also worked. Upon completion, I checked all the boxes to backup, clear cache, and clear dalvik cache. After I hit ok to allow the phone to boot into recovery to install the rom it hangs on the white "HTC Incredible" Screen and stays there forever. Upon pulling the battery and rebooting normally, the phone works completely fine, but in the stock ROM. If I try to boot my phone in HBOOT and go into recovery at all, it does the same freeze at the white "HTC Incredible" Screen.

To get around this I resorted to using the PB31IMG.zip method, which worked and allowed me to access recovery again upon request. After having to re-root the phone using the Unrevoked3 assistant, I tried an older version of the CyanogenMod ROM, and upon trying to flash it, it does the same thing, freezing at the white "HTC Incredible" Screen.

If anyone could help on a way to make my ROM flashing work it would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cyanogen causes problems for some phones for whatever reason. How old is your phone? Is the HBOOT .92?

OP
X

x216 Irish

Reaction score
Yes, it is on HBOOT 0.92. I bought my phone in December, so less than 6 months old.