cant find market

brianes99

Reaction score
Just bought droid x and downloaded 2.2 update. Now the market is not on phone. The original market button points to nowhere (says not installed) and I can not find it in system/applications.

Any suggestions?

destrolennox

Reaction score
annoyed.

I am having the same frusturating issue. I have looked around on a few forums but so far, no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try downloading the update.zip and manually installing it. Not sure where you could find a dl link for it though, as I specify in the Droid 1...try the Droid X section here, if not, Droidxforums.com

destrolennox

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply but so far I have not been able to find a link for update.zip.

I did check androidforums.com and a user there said a factory reset fixed the issue for him... I would like to avoid that but if that's the only way I guess I will have to.

sipgee

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Still currently searching the forum, but any help here would be appreciated.

edbip

Reaction score
Same thing here. Updated to 2.2 this morning. The market button is there, but when I press it I get " "application is not installed on phone"

destrolennox

Reaction score
I performed a factory reset last night and that fixed the problem on v2.3. Obviously its a bit of a pain but at least it is working fine now.