Can't do a factory wipe

lefbld2f

Reaction score
I have tried everything I can think of and I can't get my phone back to factory specs/out of the box. All the factory data reset and format phone storage methods do is delete contacts, pictures, etc. I need a complete wipe (with or without unroot, it doesn't matter to me)

Also, when I select factory reset from the hboot, it just hangs with a black screen that has white borders until I remove the battery and reboot the phone.

I tried a few videos that used PB31IMG.zip, but that didn't work either.

Incidentally, with the PB31IMG.zip method, where I put the zip file on the root of the SD card (and I tried on the root of the phone, too), nothing happens from Hboot. Everything I've seen says it will auto load the file but that doesn't happen. It just sits at hboot until I tell it to do something.

Any suggestions? My phone force closes almost every single downloaded app shortly after they open. If that's fixable, I'd just as soon do that.

titans1

Reaction score
what model of phone do you have? was it rooted before? did you have a custom rom? if so which one. have you tried data wipe and cache and then putting a stock sbf on it?

brando56894

Reaction score
If you have a motorola phone, what you want to do is flash an SBF to the phone via RSD Lite which will restore your phone back to stock.