Do I really need to unroot?

Dawg5

Reaction score
I'm giving my Dinc to my son after I upgrade to a TB. A friend tells me I need to unroot before switching the Dinc to his number so I've been trying to unroot using Doug's directions. I flashed S-on and I'm trying to flash PB31IMG.zip by booting into hboot but cannot get into hboot. My question is, do I really need to unroot to transfer the phone to my son's number or can I just do a factory reset?

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Unroot not really but you will want to be on there radio which is .07.28 and have a stock rooted rom.

Hboot is power off the device and power back up holding volume down.

OP
D

Dawg5

Reaction score
Thanks Doug. Getting S-on went flawlessly but for some reason, I can't get the PB31IMG.sip to flash. Going to try the RUU method today. Holding down the Vol- and power buttons stopped working to get into hboot so I powered down, removed and replaced the battery and tried again and was able to get there. However, I still can't get the PB file to flash. I am back to the stock ROM and I have S-on. I am on radio 07.28....If this is good enough for Verizon to swap the numbers over, I may just leave it like that.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
hopefully it's just a typo but the file to flash has to be .zip not .sip