cant connect to computer

jcwilliams

Reaction score
i am trying to connect to the computer to put music on the sdcard and it will not connect.. should i be selecting media sync? any one have any ideas?
thanks

FATRAY

Reaction score
I've done it a few different ways, there is no better way then using Airsync. Yea it's $5, but you can't beat it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
im not just talking music though. this is my wifes new phone and she takes a lot of pictures and after she takes them we pull them off the sdcard and edit and put on external hard drive. i can do it on my droid but this thing isnt allowing me to do so. all i need to do is access the sdcard from my laptop so i dont have to pull battery out to put sdcard in laptop.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What phone does she have?

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
the thunderbolt. we just got it like 4 days ago.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Oh ok...excellent choice! The option you need to select is Disk Drive - should open Auto Play.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go to, Settings>Connect to PC> then tick the box to ask what type of connection you want the phone to have when connected to a PC. The next time you plug the phone into a computer the phone should bring up a pop-up menu asking what type of connection should be made, at that time select USB storage. And now you can copy and paste files to the SD card.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Oh ok...excellent choice! The option you need to select is Disk Drive - should open Auto Play.

ok thanks it worked. yea im stuck on d1 and she just had to have this phone so i was nice and used my upgrade for her lol.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

ok thanks it worked. yea im stuck on d1 and she just had to have this phone so i was nice and used my upgrade for her lol.

The things we do for them....haha! ;)

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Go to, Settings>Connect to PC> then tick the box to ask what type of connection you want the phone to have when connected to a PC. The next time you plug the phone into a computer the phone should bring up a pop-up menu asking what type of connection should be made, at that time select USB storage. And now you can copy and paste files to the SD card.

thanks for your help as well.

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score

The things we do for them....haha! ;)

yea she likes it she came off of the lg ally (which was a you know what lol) so as long as she likes it then life is good.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Any time. :)