HTC will not connect to my computer

TazChaz

Reaction score
My phone will charge only, the computer will not make a sound as if its connected. I have used usb view and device manager the computer just doesn't see it. I also can't see it under the command prompt (adb Devices). Rebooted it many times tried the connect pc changing that making sure its on always ask, I reset it back to default. I am using the factory usb as well as tried a few others along with using multiple computers to rule out a computer and usb problem.
Can anyone help

Sele

T-Bolt RS Team Leader
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you are not rooted, have you installed the htc drivers? You can download them here. This is the link for the HTC Sync program. You don't need the entire program but you need it to install the drivers. If you have already installed the drivers, are you rooted? And if so are you on a gingerbread rom?

OP
T

TazChaz

Reaction score
I tried reloading the drivers. As well as usb view. The computer just doesn't see it. I tried it on 2 other computers I have and have the same reaction. ????

Sele

T-Bolt RS Team Leader
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is your phone rooted?

OP
T

TazChaz

Reaction score
nothing at all happens when i plug in the phone. the computer nor the phone see the connection

Ayo

Reaction score
I got my HTC Thunderbolt 3 months ago. The USB connection to Windows 7 PC worked fine until yesterday, when my computer would not recognize the phone. (I use DejaOffice/CompanionLink on the phone to sync my calendar and contacts with Outlook.) I tried changing USB cables. Then I plugged the phone into another computer with same result. I did a factory data reset, and still no luck. Today I brought the phone into a Verizon Wireless store and a tech guy confirmed that it's a hardware problem, "probably a short." Verizon is shipping a new phone to me tomorrow. One strange symptom I noticed in the two weeks leading up to this problem was that the phone would occasionally switch to "Car Mode / Car Panel" when the USB wire was plugged in. In other forums, I've seen comments that this symptom indicates a hardware problem with the micro-USB connection. I suspect that these issues are related.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I wound up installing the HTC Sync for Thunderbolt program, but it didn't work for me. At the suggestion of another Thunderbolt user, I tried to choose "Internet Passthrough" from the menu, and then Windows told me that I should install the drivers for the MyTouch 3G, so I did, and it worked.