Can't change themes ><

excellentnuke

Reaction score
I can't change themes on 12.3.2. I've had no problems with it up until this point. I can't even go back to the default theme. No matter what theme I try to change to, it doesn't restart, it just goes back to the launcher and restarting my phone doesn't do anything.

Any idea about what's wrong?

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I ran into this problem late last night. I was trying to make updates to my theme and when i would flash my new updates it would change, and it started to piss me off. Then i realized that my themes weren't changing. I had to wipe and reinstall miui to get it to work again.

OP
E

excellentnuke

Reaction score
Do I wipe and install MIUI, install any mods, then start changing themes?

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yeah first backup your apps with miui backup, wipe, reflash, install any mods you want, restore apps and you should be good to switch themes. You can restore apps before or after flashing themes.

acepelon

Reaction score
if you're not getting FC's, just delete /data/system/theme
I ran into this today and I ended up eventually reinstalling. Even installing MIUI 12.3.2 patch over my installation didn't work but reinstallation worked. xformulax, do you happen to know how we get into this state so we can avoid it? The last thing I did before I noticed this problem was to install/ use the new cache cleaner for froyo by Sartory.

themeangreen

Reaction score
I was able to get my themes to start working again. If I had to guess, It stopped working after I tried all the custom transition animations. This is what I did to get it all working again.

In clockwork recovery partitions menu:
Format cache
Format system

In the advanced menu:
Format dalvik cache

reinstall 12.3.0 from SD
reinstall 12.3.2 update
reinstall custom kernel

After a long reboot the theme manager worked again and I didnt have to wipe data.

hope this helps.

monsterpt

Reaction score
I was able to get my themes to start working again. If I had to guess, It stopped working after I tried all the custom transition animations. This is what I did to get it all working again.

In clockwork recovery partitions menu:
Format cache
Format system

In the advanced menu:
Format dalvik cache

reinstall 12.3.0 from SD
reinstall 12.3.2 update
reinstall custom kernel

After a long reboot the theme manager worked again and I didnt have to wipe data.

hope this helps.

Worked great thanks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App