Can't boot into recovery

tfkennady

Reaction score
running bugless v.02

tried holding x, using clockwork to reboot into recovery and pete's shortcuts and can't get it to work.

i even flashed the newest recovery using clockwork it's 2.0.x.x now and nothing.

some help please

thanks

dkelly701

Reaction score
Try going into ROM Manager, flashing SPrecovery and then back to Clockwork. That has worked for me several times.

running bugless v.02

tried holding x, using clockwork to reboot into recovery and pete's shortcuts and can't get it to work.

i even flashed the newest recovery using clockwork it's 2.0.x.x now and nothing.

some help please

thanks

OP
T

tfkennady

Reaction score
worked well to get my clockwork back...

i wasn't able to get SPrecovery to boot into recovery though.

thank you btw

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
moved to the developers area...

There are on going issues with 2.2 and CW/ROM Manager that is not ROM specific.

Good luck...

ITguy11

Reaction score
Same problem here, can't get into recovery with the latest CW recovery. I had to flash a previous version to get recovery access back.

Jarvisoid

Reaction score
Same problem here. I'd like to upgrade from bbFroyo0.1 to 0.2.1 but my phone will not boot into recovery anymore. Whether I manually hold X at startup or do a reboot into recovery from RomManager I cannot get into the recovery screen. This is quite a bummer.

OP
T

tfkennady

Reaction score
Same problem here. I'd like to upgrade from bbFroyo0.1 to 0.2.1 but my phone will not boot into recovery anymore. Whether I manually hold X at startup or do a reboot into recovery from RomManager I cannot get into the recovery screen. This is quite a bummer.

i was having this problem for awhile now, even when i was running bugless v.01. when i went to flash v.02 i couldn't get into recovery so i tried a few times to get it to load through clockwork. dangerous because if something went wrong i might have had some real problems not being able to get into recovery. it would stay stuck at the M screen for almost a minute, turn off and then boot normally. but i got it to flash the rom after a couple tries.

i got recovery back by;

1. flashing SPrecovery from clockwork (in ROM manager)

2. restart phone and let boot normally

3. flash latest clockwork recovery (2.0.0.4 i think) from ROM manager

4. restart phone and let boot normally

5. after this i can access recovery from; holding x, from within ROM manager and pete's shortcuts in bugless.

(credit to Dkelly701) i did not know this till this was suggested to me.

good luck.

Jarvisoid

Reaction score
I was about to try what you suggested and when I went into RomManager to flash it said there was an update. I updated to 2.0.0.5 and I now have access to recovery.