Can't boot into android

yurdle

Reaction score
Can't update/flash baseband

I got a used droid today, the only thing wrong with it is that it needed to be flashed with an sbf. battery was dead so I jimmy-rigged a way to charge it. Worked great too I might add :)

Anyways, I tried to run sbf via rsd lite and it failed right at the end. So i rebooted into ubuntu and used sbf_flash, it went through with no errors but when it rebooted it just booted to the bootloader.
Booted into recovery and wiped data but that didn't fix anything. I've tried different sbf files, but none of them seem to be working.
I'm on bootloader 2c.7c, if that tells anyone anything.
If anyone has a way to fix this please let me know :)
If you need to know more just let me know.

Last edited:
OP
yurdle

yurdle

Reaction score
Still not sure what to do from here. Have tried I think every SBF file... Even installed SPRecovery and Installed a ROM and that still didn't work...
Am I looking at a brick? Find it strange I still have access to the bootloader and that the SBF write/verify(on sbf_flash) completely

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you taken the battery out and tried waiting a bit?

Which sbf did you try?

If it doesn't have a boot file then it will go into bootloader AFAIK.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You could try flashing RZRecovery and wiping all and then trying a ROM. Maybe there's a bad file deep in there somewhere. Not too sure.

OP
yurdle

yurdle

Reaction score
SBF files I have tried are
ESD20
ESD56
ESE81
FRG01B
FRG22D
FRG83D
Yes all of them.. I have flashed SPRecovery and tried to flash something like MIUI with no luck.. I can try something else though.
Do you know how to access the boot partition to make sure everything is okay?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And you got a pass or verified?

I would try on reboot command to enter recovery, wipe cache, data reset and see I'd that does anything.
By boot file not there I mean the memory is corrupt there? I don't think you can access boot area. I know with RZRecovery you can wipe specific areas of the device, so that could help you...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
yurdle

yurdle

Reaction score
I'm in class now so can't try anything right now..
But on rsd lite the phone failed at the last part(switching to bp pass through mode) may be a driver issue I was going to look at that...
But I got a successful flash with every sbf with sbf_flash in ubuntu.
I have tried wiping data and cache before but I can try again.

By corrupt do you mean to the point of no return? Or something that could possibly be fixed?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure. I barely trust rsdlite sometimes but I like to see a PASS. Besides, it's worrisome that it is going right back to bootloader. The D1 is broken and doesn't (or doesn't usually) go back to bootloader, which is why you need to"catch the boot" on normal sbf flashes.

Unless you flashed a bad sbf, it should work.

On the bootloader screen it does say usb and ok?

Nothing about corrupt right?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
yurdle

yurdle

Reaction score
I like to see PASS too lol... after a failed flash in rsd lite I have code corrupt text.. but also have the usb and ok and saids its ready to program ... after a successful sbf_flash the code corrupt is gone

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
yurdle

yurdle

Reaction score
Okay, so I don't know if anyone if still following this or willing to help but I was finally able to get the Droid to boot into android.. however.. it was up only a few seconds and then the phone rebooted. I believe my problem is the baseband. It appears to flash every time I use RSD lite and every time I try to flash an update.zip file that contains the baseband.
I don't actually plan on using the 3g or adding the phone to a plan at all, so i really don't need it... but android tries to access the radio when it boots and that's what seems to be causing it to crash.
does anyone know how to force flash the baseband or something?

A855

Reaction score
Same Issue

I have the same issue. You said you got it to go into android then rebooted .... Did it ever came back up? What were the steps you took to get to that point? I have flashed is many time but only go it to work thru Ubuntu. I just goes to the boot loader each time.

OP
yurdle

yurdle

Reaction score
To be honest I finally got tired of the phone and sold it on eBay and bought another. But still I was able to get it to partially work..
The times I had the most luck getting the phone to boot was on a full battery. After the battery was full I would try to boot, sometime I could get into android and sometimes it would boot bootloader. If I got bootloader I would pull the battery for about 30 seconds and put it back in and try again.

I'm not sure what was causing it to finally boot.. It may not have been the full battery it may have just been random... I don't know what was causing the phone to boot bootloader. I believe that the baseband was corrupted in a failed flash or something, because when I tried flashing under windows or tried flashing an update.zip that contained a baseband update, the flash always failed on the baseband. It would have been great to figure it out, but I don't know that anything would have been able to fix it.
But i also have no clue if the baseband failure was causing the failed booting.