Can't boot and no root

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
Bricked? - PLEASE help

I've been trying everything I could find to root my wife's HTC Rhyme and nothing works. I tried flashing a custom RUU and now, I can't boot the phone at all. It just hangs at the white HTC screen.

The only thing that I've been able to do successfully is unlock/relock the bootloader. This is my wife's phone and I really want to root it so that she can have the benefit of being able to completely backup everything. However, at this point, I just want to get the damn phone to work again.

PLEASE... anyone with a fix for this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
I'm still working on this. I'm finding a few hits on Google for this kind of issue but nothing seems to be working.

Please... anyone with any input at all would be helpful.

Thanks.

OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
I got it to boot-up normally!!!

I used the method explained here to extract the boot.img file and flashed it in fastboot.

I still have no recovery though. I really want to root this phone or at least get a recovery on it that I can create nandroid back-ups with.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, a great success story! DancingNexus

Now, I'll apologize on behalf of the forum and members as this thread got lost in the Droid Discussions, Tech Issues, Bug reports & Suggestions area. I believe you would have gotten immediate response if this were posted instead right in the HTC ReZound section. Normally one of the moderators would have caught this and moved it for you but alas, it was overlooked. :blink:

Just the same, you are now a contributor instead of one needing help because you've provided a link to the solution.

This is a true sign of someone who cares for others, even during times of his own difficulties. I commend you! Thanks for being a GREAT member and contributor. :biggrin:

Hopefully we'll be here for you again in the future, but to assure your posts and threads get the proper attention, think "phone model" first, then "problem type" as it relates to things such as hacks, mods, roms, bugs, etc., and finally "problem" which would be your post. This will get your concerns in front of the most knowledgeable members for your particular phone model and the members will rise to the occasion to help.

Thanks again! :hail:

OP
RuLEoF2

RuLEoF2

Reaction score
Thank you for the positive feedback.

I would have posted elsewhere but I didn't see a section for the HTC Rhyme/Bliss.

I have a residual issue now that I just discovered. I have no WiFi access. I just see "ERROR" under configuration.

My best guess is a kernel issue. I had this happen to me a couple of times on my incredible and a kernel re-flash solved it.

I will re-post somewhere more fitting for this issue,

Thanks again.

Last edited: