Can't Boot After 4.03.605.2 RUU

Macdaddie87

Reaction score
This is my first post in this forum but I have been reading threads on it allot to diagnose my problems which I normally do but I have ran into my first problem that I can't find info on. I have a Htc Rezound and I Updated it to 4.03.605.2 via hboot and after that it wont boot, it just boot loops over and over. I have tried to reapply the RUU multiple times but still the same result, no boot. I re-downloaded it from android police site again and still no boot. I have s-on and relocked. Can someone please help so me and others that run across this problem get it solved. Thanks in advance

acejavelin

Reaction score
Try removing the SIM card and booting, then once it boots go into the Emergency Dialer and press Home, then go to Settings->Mobile Network->Network Mode and select LTE/CDMA, return to the home screen, then shutdown, wait about 2 minutes, pull battery, reinsert SIM, boot, and go to all apps and run Setup.

BTW, the first time this ROM boots, it might appear to boot loop a couple times, this is normal... 3 is the most I have seen, not sure what it is doing, but if you leave it alone it might just go.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
This is my first post in this forum but I have been reading threads on it allot to diagnose my problems which I normally do but I have ran into my first problem that I can't find info on. I have a Htc Rezound and I Updated it to 4.03.605.2 via hboot and after that it wont boot, it just boot loops over and over. I have tried to reapply the RUU multiple times but still the same result, no boot. I re-downloaded it from android police site again and still no boot. I have s-on and relocked. Can someone please help so me and others that run across this problem get it solved. Thanks in advance

This could be a network bootloop. Try Ace's advice.

OP
M

Macdaddie87

Reaction score
I can't boot at all to change network settings or any settings. I have let it boot loop 10+ times after reinstalling the RUU but no go. I think it might be something with the internal sd partition because it tells me when i boot up amon ra and try to format the internal sd i get this

Formatting INTERNALSD
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p37 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0p38)
(Invalid argument)
Error mounting /internal_sdcard/!
Skipping format...

Is this supposed to do this or is it supposed to do something else and if not how would i partition it?

Try removing the SIM card and booting, then once it boots go into the Emergency Dialer and press Home, then go to Settings->Mobile Network->Network Mode and select LTE/CDMA, return to the home screen, then shutdown, wait about 2 minutes, pull battery, reinsert SIM, boot, and go to all apps and run Setup.

BTW, the first time this ROM boots, it might appear to boot loop a couple times, this is normal... 3 is the most I have seen, not sure what it is doing, but if you leave it alone it might just go.