Cannot get wired_tether_1_4.apk working on my droid razr

robbversion1

Reaction score
Just successfully rooted my Razr using the zerg rush method. Now been trying to get wired tether to work but its no go. Tried pdanet just to see if there were any problems there, but it works just fine. Anyone else been able to get the wired tether apk working on their razr?

Cinoib

Reaction score
I don't have a Razr. I have a Bionic. Imho the Razr is the Bionic II. I.e., they are very similar. I am rooted. I installed and use SqLite. Are you familiar with or have you tried SqLite to enable tether?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Cinoib

Reaction score
Just curious, why would you use wired tether? SqLite will grant you access to both USB and Wi-Fi tether.

OP
R

robbversion1

Reaction score
Sqlite? hmm i might have to check that out then. I've been using wired tether with my droid 1 and decided to use it with the razr, Its really the only thing i know lol. but if there are better options out there, i'm game

Cinoib

Reaction score
Sqlite? hmm i might have to check that out then. I've been using wired tether with my droid 1 and decided to use it with the razr, Its really the only thing i know lol. but if there are better options out there, i'm game

Rumor has it that SqLite - you have to buy it at Market - gives you the editor to edit permissions. Be very careful. You're doing brain surgery.

OP
R

robbversion1

Reaction score
Rumor has it that SqLite - you have to buy it at Market - gives you the editor to edit permissions. Be very careful. You're doing brain surgery.

Do you know or know where I can get the instructions on how to use sqlite to activate wired/wireless tether?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Cinoib

Reaction score
Do you know or know where I can get the instructions on how to use sqlite to activate wired/wireless tether?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Go to YouTube and create a search for "sqlite tether hack" then locate, "How To: Free Mobile Hotspot for Droid Bionic" by TweakMyDevice.

I would be sure to have completed a Nandroid backup b4 attempting the hack.

I am reasonably sure it will work on the Razr but I haven't done this on the Razr.

You will be doing surgery here. Be careful.

DroidXJoel

Reaction score
It works and very easy to do.
Open sq lite
Go to settings with the wrench icon
Select settings
Select settings again
Using your menu button select filter
Type in check
Then next to entitlement change field from 1 to 0
Save
reboot

Typed with my Rooted RAZR

breedingh8

Reaction score
Just successfully rooted my Razr using the zerg rush method. Now been trying to get wired tether to work but its no go. Tried pdanet just to see if there were any problems there, but it works just fine. Anyone else been able to get the wired tether apk working on their razr?

I am not a fan of the sqlite tether google wifi tether download theres a new version works great on the razr, use it for my tab to get online.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums