2nd razr with dead pixles!!!

RazrAnthony13

Reaction score
2nd razr with dead pixels!!!

This is my 2nd razr with dead pixel(s) on it , ive tried all the pixel fixers on the market and nothing works, in starting to get fustrated with this phone, has anyone else been haveing the same problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

SANhacker

Reaction score
I think they are called pixels. Not pixles. Sorry to hear about your misfortune though.
Mine is flawless.

chrisf8657

Reaction score
Is this with the screen on and a white background, or a black background under low-light conditions?
Should also mention it's not uncommon to have a dead pixel or two - no manufacturing process is perfect.

Also, Can you take a picture?

OP
RazrAnthony13

RazrAnthony13

Reaction score
black background under low light is when it shows

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Is this with the screen on and a white background, or a black background under low-light conditions?
Should also mention it's not uncommon to have a dead pixel or two - no manufacturing process is perfect.

Also, Can you take a picture?

I agree with chris. How are you identifying the dead pixels? Frankly I haven't heard of anyone who had dead pixels on the razors. I believe the Super AMOLED displays are far better at preventing dead pixel then d the standard solid state led or LCD. from what I've read what makes theOLED displays so much better is that the manufacturing process of the AMOLED display isn'tmuch different than a standard ink jet printer. The manufacturing process for standard led displays is far more complicated with photographic processes, photomasks, acid bath and cetera, allowing a lot more chance for dead pixels.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

The dark spot to see with a black background under low light are not dead pixels, they're a standard side effect of the manufacturing process of the OLED display and they're not considered defective or abnormal. Still, some displays exhibit greater black blotches than others. Depending on whether you talk to techsupport over the phone or you visit a local verizon phone center store, and then depending on who you happen to get in either instance will determine whether or not they will replace the unit for you.

Last edited:
OP
RazrAnthony13

RazrAnthony13

Reaction score
Its a tiny tiny can barely see White spot on black screen only, I guess on this one I might be over reacting, I would take a picture but u can't even see it On a picture, from what the guys at costco told me they were stuck or dead pixels.

pabowhunter

Reaction score
I have a dark line running from top to bottom of my screen along with 4 or 5 small blotches... seen under low light and black background... Does anyone else have this and is that normal ????

chrisf8657

Reaction score

OK you cleared it up then.

This is NOT dead pixels - it is a side effect of Super AMOLED displays and the manufacturing process. I see it in mine too. It doesn't bother me that much.

We've had many people returning phones because of it - and Motorola will no longer accept them. They know about it.

See here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-maxx/195968-black-screen-concern.html

There are a couple other threads also here and elsewhere.

Just a FYI - this will occur on ALL AMOLED screens - RAZR, Nexus, etc. Period.

"Dead Pixels" are one or two little dots on a screen - not big blotches like you see. In the testing process, if is was defective and actually "dead" pixels of the kind of size, they would be immediately scrapped...period.

Last edited:
OP
RazrAnthony13

RazrAnthony13

Reaction score
I got lucky returning the first one then

Last edited:

chrisf8657

Reaction score
I got lucky returned the first one then

No, you're not. The 2nd...3rd...4th...27th...etc....

It is nothing to do with dead pixels - or a defect - it is how AMOLED's are in dark light.
It doesn't hinder any kind of normal usage - even in low light - so you see some dark blotches - big deal.
You can still get the information you need + any kind of photos. The photos you take will be GREAT with the 8MP camera.
Also videos.

If you have the money to keep trying other phones with 8MP cameras - be my guest.
NO PHONE will be as perfect as a dedicated Digital Video Camera...period.

The RAZR is the best it comes for value and quality AFAIAC.....

OP
RazrAnthony13

RazrAnthony13

Reaction score
I feel better now