Should i exchange razr?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by shizumie, Dec 10, 2011.

1. shizumie

shizumie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My razr is awesome! By far the best phone i have ever had. I think stock its faster and more stable than my last 2 androids. I havent had any of the problems I've been reading about. No data prob, power, charge prob. Sim card nothing. None of any problems or complaints. However i have 1 tiny dead pixel. Its on the bottom right side, maybee half an inch up from search soft key. I only really notice it if watching a video, go to really dark site. So my delima is this. Is it worth trading in for a dead pixel, and risk getting a razr with some major probs? I hate keeping a phone i just payed 300 for with a dead pixel but i love the phone and have not had one problem with it ( and i run em hard). So what are your thoughts? Trade and risk or keep one little dead pixel? Thanks.:confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  2. reimundo

reimundo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Return it back ! I have the same problem, on the 14day i tried to returned it to get a new razr but the verizon store in Bakersfield California 1220 Oak St. did not want to take it back . They saw the problem but did not want to give me a new razr. I called verizon over the phone and told them what happend at the store. So they called the verizon store and told them to give me a new phone, so i went back to the store and talked to the same people and they re-checked my razr and they told me that my phone did not have any problem and they would not give me a new phone. They also told me to send it back to motorola to get a new razr ! Guys report this problem to verizon over the phone so they know about this problem, They will write a report about the problem.
  3. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Ratings:
    +315
    Current Phone Model:
    LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
    It depends on how annoying the dead pixel. It is always a risk exchanging for a new device because that nearly flawless one with one minor issue could be exchanged for a total nightmare. Only you can decide if you can live with one dead pixel.

On a side note have you tried any of the physical and software methods to see if may it is actually stuck and not dead???
  4. shizumie

shizumie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Nope i have not. First phone i have ever had to get dead pixel. Could you give some advice on how to do this? O how great it would be if i could fix this minor issue!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  5. satarecah

satarecah Member

Ratings:
    +6
    i would bring it back if you get a nightmare send that one back too
  6. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Agree sense u got a phone that works fine u already know where u expect to have data and where u have problems.. so take it back I would request a new phone not a refub one and if u have problems take that one in also.. if its a dead pixel it should be green or red I think. if its not it could be something else.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  7. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +299
    I went through five phones one time until I got the one I wanted and was in "perfect" condition to me. I wouldn't put up with a brand new device that you used your presumably hard earned money on. Make them make it right.