Should i exchange razr?

shizumie

Reaction score
My razr is awesome! By far the best phone i have ever had. I think stock its faster and more stable than my last 2 androids. I havent had any of the problems I've been reading about. No data prob, power, charge prob. Sim card nothing. None of any problems or complaints. However i have 1 tiny dead pixel. Its on the bottom right side, maybee half an inch up from search soft key. I only really notice it if watching a video, go to really dark site. So my delima is this. Is it worth trading in for a dead pixel, and risk getting a razr with some major probs? I hate keeping a phone i just payed 300 for with a dead pixel but i love the phone and have not had one problem with it ( and i run em hard). So what are your thoughts? Trade and risk or keep one little dead pixel? Thanks.:confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

reimundo

Reaction score
Return it back ! I have the same problem, on the 14day i tried to returned it to get a new razr but the verizon store in Bakersfield California 1220 Oak St. did not want to take it back . They saw the problem but did not want to give me a new razr. I called verizon over the phone and told them what happend at the store. So they called the verizon store and told them to give me a new phone, so i went back to the store and talked to the same people and they re-checked my razr and they told me that my phone did not have any problem and they would not give me a new phone. They also told me to send it back to motorola to get a new razr ! Guys report this problem to verizon over the phone so they know about this problem, They will write a report about the problem.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
It depends on how annoying the dead pixel. It is always a risk exchanging for a new device because that nearly flawless one with one minor issue could be exchanged for a total nightmare. Only you can decide if you can live with one dead pixel.

On a side note have you tried any of the physical and software methods to see if may it is actually stuck and not dead???

OP
shizumie

shizumie

Reaction score
It depends on how annoying the dead pixel. It is always a risk exchanging for a new device because that nearly flawless one with one minor issue could be exchanged for a total nightmare. Only you can decide if you can live with one dead pixel.

On a side note have you tried any of the physical and software methods to see if may it is actually stuck and not dead???

Nope i have not. First phone i have ever had to get dead pixel. Could you give some advice on how to do this? O how great it would be if i could fix this minor issue!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

satarecah

Reaction score
i would bring it back if you get a nightmare send that one back too

kparks

Reaction score
i would bring it back if you get a nightmare send that one back too

Agree sense u got a phone that works fine u already know where u expect to have data and where u have problems.. so take it back I would request a new phone not a refub one and if u have problems take that one in also.. if its a dead pixel it should be green or red I think. if its not it could be something else.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I went through five phones one time until I got the one I wanted and was in "perfect" condition to me. I wouldn't put up with a brand new device that you used your presumably hard earned money on. Make them make it right.