Cannot connect though USB

hallmanjason

Reaction score
Tried all of the common things. Keep getting error message 43 and computer doenst recognize phone anymore. Worked for two months and now nothing. Any chance the VShare had anything to do with it?dancedroid

GDP

Reaction score
That new update that everyone got a couple of weeks ago screwed it up. I think there is a thread that explains how to fix it. I just use a card reader though.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
H

hallmanjason

Reaction score
Okay...not sure what you mean but my device used to be recognized and now my computer says that it no longer ecognizes the device. I tried to repair the drivers and I also un installed and re installed the drivers...no luck.:icon_evil:

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Thankfully I can still use USB mass storage on mine, but sometimes the phone needs to be rebooted if I mount it a second time.

Setting my phone to "ask on connection" solved the problem.

Reaction score
Same here. Had to redownload Samsung Fascinate drivers, but in the end just rebooting my phone and setting the phone to "ask on connection" solved the problem. I was good before the update and am good again now. Wierd, though.

jb804

Reaction score
After last update Samsung drivers not compatible with Mac!

riata2

Reaction score
Having similar problem, re-loaded drivers did not help. I use PdAnet and some how the Broadband connection went over to a PDAnet modem?? Slowed way down on connection speed.
I had to a system restore thru XP, got Broadband working again, BUT now when I disconnect from PDAnet the connection icon goes gray and I have to re-boot the computer re-booting the phone does not work!

Where is the " ask on connection" located, I thought it was on my PDAnet icon??

MaxBuck

Reaction score
My ability to connect is sporadic, at best. I've basically resigned myself to not being able to connect until the next software update. And I've done the "ask on connection" thing; it doesn't solve the problem for me.

smokie11

Reaction score
Tried all of the common things. Keep getting error message 43 and computer doenst recognize phone anymore. Worked for two months and now nothing. Any chance the VShare had anything to do with it?dancedroid

I don't know if your phone is stock like mine is, I have 4 computers all PC. With 3 different OS. Win7, Vista 64 bit and XP 32 bit. I have no problems seeing my SD card as a hard drive at all (WITHOUT SAMSUNG DRIVERS) on the Win7 and XP computers, however I cannot mount the SD card at all (WITH OR WITHOUT SAMSUNG DRIVERS) on the Vista 64 bit computer...and I have no idea why not.

ziggy484

Reaction score
My ability to connect is sporadic, at best. I've basically resigned myself to not being able to connect until the next software update. And I've done the "ask on connection" thing; it doesn't solve the problem for me.

Have you tried rebooting the phone while its plugged into the computer? That does the trick alot of times.

Sent from my stock 2.1 unrooted, fully bloated (for now) Fascinate