unable to connect fascinate to PC

DM6156

Reaction score
I have tired all of the usual stuff reported on the forums (here and elsewhere).

I verified mass storage mode (also tried sync mode)
tried with development options checked and unchecked (all 3)
tried with 2 PC (1 desktop, 1 laptop) both running XP Pro.

The status of the usb on the phone is always "on going".
On the PC, I get an error message (also disappears before I can get the whole error). Something about an error with usb device and/or windows did not recognize the device.

I have tired with the samsung usb driver installed an uninstalled (rebooted PC between).

I did call samsung support, they were going to transfer me to level 3 support but I had to run. Before calling back, i was curious if anyone here has already experienced this and had a solution.

The only thing I have not done is try another usb cable. However, when I do connect the cable, phone always charges. I don't suspect a bad cable because of this and that if I uninstall the usb device (under usb controllers i do see a new option called 'USB Composite Device'). If i remove that and reboot, I can duplicate the issue with the error message.

without removing that, even after rebooting the phone, I don't get the USB option in the notifications on the phone.

Other than the inability to connect to a PC, the phone has been working great!

thanks in advance

Dan

Swvapunk69

Reaction score
It might be your cable if I use my wifes cable it wont work but will charge but if I use my cable it works.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

MarlowK

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue -- did you find a resolution?