Cannot click to dial phone numbers from Google anymore?

solorca

Reaction score
This suddenly started happening to me today.

I like to use the "speak" option to name a local business, and then click the number to call. Today however, this doesn't seem to be working. The google listing will come up, but when I click on the number, I will get a "web page not available" error...

"The web page at wtai://wp/mc;3345343451 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address"

I've tried this with multiple numbers, and it keeps happening.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
This suddenly started happening to me today.

I like to use the "speak" option to name a local business, and then click the number to call. Today however, this doesn't seem to be working. The google listing will come up, but when I click on the number, I will get a "web page not available" error...

"The web page at wtai://wp/mc;3345343451 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address"

I've tried this with multiple numbers, and it keeps happening.

There's another thread on this topic. It appears that if you manually enter the url in the google search box it works as it should. But the voice search fails. On the other thread (sorry, I can't locate it) there is a link to the google code website to report the error and vote for a high priority to fix it.