Phone number link in droid browser doesnt work anymore

Reaction score
Not sure why [maybe 2.1 upgrade] but when i search for something in the browser and a phone number comes up I used to be able to click on it and it would dial right from there. now it doesnt work anymore :(

i just get an error "web page not available" and it wont dial out.

any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!
thanks

gmpdmd

Reaction score
Not sure why [maybe 2.1 upgrade] but when i search for something in the browser and a phone number comes up I used to be able to click on it and it would dial right from there. now it doesnt work anymore :(

thanks

I am having this same problem. Only its only a problem if I do a voice search and try to click on a number on the resulting page. If I do a search by hitting the search key and typing something it works fine. Crazy. I'm running UD V9.0 btw. sillyrabbitt - try both ways.

Last edited:
OP
S
Reaction score

thanks

I am having this same problem. Only its only a problem if I do a voice search and try to click on a number on the resulting page. If I do a search by hitting the search key and typing something it works fine. Crazy. I'm running UD V9.0 btw. sillyrabbitt - try both ways.

100% correct voice search it will not work :( but it does if i type in the search.

i am on stock 2.1

hashsi99

Reaction score
Had the same problem. Go to settings. Search. Then clear search settings. Should work!

OP
S
Reaction score
I cleared the history and cache to begin with and it didnt help. i dont see an option to clear shortcuts?

i open browser then click the settings hard button, then the more button, then settings and the last button is reset to default "clear al browser data and reset all settings" should i click that one? any downside to clearing all?

thanks

hashsi99

Reaction score
Go to your settings button in your app drawer. Click search. Then select clear search shortcuts. It's the last option.

No harm in clearing out browser cache.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's a known bug, folks. Reported repeatedly on the Google development site. Apparently happens only when using voice search from what I understand.

OP
S
Reaction score
The one that says clear shortcuts. Last option on page.

I cleared everything. From home screen not browser > settings > search > clear search shortcuts. I also went into browser and cleared everything. still not working.:mad:

i cleared shortcuts not working either.... :(

It's a known bug, folks. Reported repeatedly on the Google development site. Apparently happens only when using voice search from what I understand.

thanks hope they fix it soon. but why does hashsi99 say his works ??

Last edited:

hashsi99

Reaction score
It did work when it happened yesterday. It turns out mines isn't working again today. Sorry.

krazykarl

Reaction score
There's another thread on this here
And I've posted it in googles bug tracker here.
Please star the issue if you're seeing it too so it can get the attention it deserves.