Can you set different text ringtones to different people?

simplyshiny

Reaction score
And how? I'm trying to work it out so I can get songs as ringtones in general, but I'm still working on that one!

pockets

Reaction score
Yes, but u need handcent...also get ringdroid u will be able to do whatever u want with ringtones.

droidtom

Reaction score
Not true, yes you can

It can be done with without additional software.

Select the contact, hit the menu button and selct options. Select the ringtone you want.

As for music ringtones, that's no problem either. Create a ringtones folder on the SD card and put them in there. The system will automatically add them to the list of available ones if they are in a folder named ringtones.

Tom

pockets

Reaction score
The way I read it he want diff notifactions,not ringtones for diff people...don't think the stock messanger does this

struong57

Reaction score
nO, the stock messenger only does ringtone for incoming calls, not text.

droidtom

Reaction score
The way I read it he want diff notifactions,not ringtones for diff people...don't think the stock messanger does this

Now that I reread it,I think you are right. I just saw ringtones and skipped right over text. Sorry about that.

mjs31

Reaction score
Yes, but u need handcent...also get ringdroid u will be able to do whatever u want with ringtones.

Or Chompsms. In Chomp you just long press on the persons name and select "set ringtone". It does not mess with that actual ringtone for calls, but you can assign a specific ringtone for text messages on each person.

struong57

Reaction score
how is Chomp compared to Handcent? I stopped using handcent after having too many issues with mms.

OP
S

simplyshiny

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'll try those things..erm, whats the difference between sms and mms and such?

mjs31

Reaction score
Chomp works better for me. I also had issues with handcent especially with certain mms. Chomp does not have the extra fonts etc but it has the quick notification pop up and has done well for my mms. I will be sticking with it for a while.