Sms custom Notifications

chuckoneil

Reaction score
Hey y'all! Been using my droid for a lil while now since christmas, no complaints so far! But, i've been trying to figure out how to set indivual notifcation ringtones for each person...I can do it as a ringtone for each person but not as a notification... Ex.) Song 1 with person A and a different song - Song 2 with Person B as notifications. Is this possible? Also i was wondering if you could make custom vibration sequences for the person you want i can make up my own but it applies to everyone. I'm using Handcent. Can anyone help out? sorry if im not clear ill try to explain what i mean if there are any questions. Thanks!

JordanRyu

Reaction score
I just stumbled across this feature in the Handcent SMS app. It's so much better than the standard messaging, in my opinion. To accomplish this you just select the person that you have a conversation with and click their settings in the upper right hand corner of the screen. From there customize to your liking, like a boss!

Last edited:

droid > iphone

Reaction score
Well, if you make a folder named notifications on your SD and throw mp3s in there, you can then use the mp3s as notifications. Unfortunately, I believe it will play the entire song unless you open the incoming text.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Well, if you make a folder named notifications on your SD and throw mp3s in there, you can then use the mp3s as notifications. Unfortunately, I believe it will play the entire song unless you open the incoming text.

haha thats funny I'll have to try that.