Can volume buttons be locked from accidental touch

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thought you kids new this feature....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I forgot until you reminded me. And others may not be aware of the different ways to take and share screenshots.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I forgot until you reminded me. And others may not be aware of the different ways to take and share screenshots.

I use it all the time. But I'm on Nexus. Didn't know if the functionality was cross device. Good to know it is.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I use it all the time. But I'm on Nexus. Didn't know if the functionality was cross device. Good to know it is.

Yep, my Turbo 2 received it with the Marshmallow update.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I amend my question now that I have sleep toggle and snapshot via Google now to how do a disable all physical buttons from accidental touch but still use for hard resets only. Which is the only reason for physical buttons I c left as I can do volume from an app too btw I liked the the buttons on the back like lgg4 does and the physical circle fingerprint reader of iPhones VA Samsung and Lenovo oh well

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Yep, my Turbo 2 received it with the Marshmallow update.

When is turbo two getting bought if anybody knows as a tangent question

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
When is turbo two getting bought if anybody knows as a tangent question

Not sure what you mean by getting bought?

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I think the question is something like ...... Is the turbo2 was made by Motorola under droid brand. Moto z force was made by Lenovo under the moto droid brand. So is Motozforce that's Lenovo the same people and or the same or different corporate owner structure. Does Lenovo own both the old and new brands or companies if anybody has the fact answers reply with answer and note source then we can put this question to rest .. :)

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
But keep the question on volume button open . Btw I still accidentally hit the buttons all the time they are too sensitive

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
But keep the question on volume button open . Btw I still accidentally hit the buttons all the time they are too sensitive

My Note4 felt like the buttons stuck out a foot when I came from the G2 with no side buttons. A cheap silicone case provided solution for me because it required extra pressure to make the buttons do anything. I've since moved to a different case (S View) and gotten used to side buttons again, but like I said, I was always changing the volume or turning the screen off by just holding the phone and my fingers getting within an inch, it seemed, until getting a cover.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have been looking for a gel case since I got the phone but verizon store was too expensive and I have found they retain phone heat

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have been looking for a gel case since I got the phone but verizon store was too expensive and I have found they retain phone heat

I use the Cimo S Case on my Turbo 2. I have the clear and a blue one. Works great, very thin & no bulk. There are 5 or 6 different colors to chose from. I have not noticed them holding in any heat, very thin TPU material. And the price is great. Like Mountainbikermark stated, the case adds just enough material around the volume buttons to make it harder to accidentally change the volume.

DROID Turbo 2 Case, Cimo [Wave] Premium Slim TPU Flexible Soft Case for Motorola Verizon DROID Turbo 2 / Moto X Force (2015) - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015G2Z1Q4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_D9T8xb7D3PXWY

Last edited:
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Looks like it's a good case I checked out the link. Very hard to find. Just confirming it's a gel case and not just soft rubber. I might try it. Maybe this will solve my button problem..

Still haven't found any case that would fit a moto z force with a battery pack that would protect from a drop and them splitting apart. One store let me drop test with battery pack but only from 3 inches w moto z force and battery. Still want to see a you tube test dropped from pocket high to various surfaces and see what happens. Maybe they will have a case by the time a real turbo 3 or moto z force rev 2 come out maybe 2017 and the price drops...

Tangent..on my battery issues.
I just picked up the Mophie 10000 mah 2.1 ammo fast charge mah juice pack with 2 USB charge ports. Verizon had it as a special of the month deal in a local verizon store (10off) it's like a brick so I plan to carry the 5000 mah Samsung as portable and use the 10000 when on the road to fast charge and have as backup to get my 15000 mah extra I seem to use in an average 24 hrs. The "car turbo charger" from verizon is faster than standard car charger but not as fast as a turbo charge battery pack and .. the battery packs are portable in my pocket.. my car is not for some reason.. anyways wish the would come out with smaller batteries lol

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's TPU.