Can volume buttons be locked from accidental touch

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Sometimes I want to be asked did you mean to change the volume in case buttons get clicked accidentally

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to use a volume locker app but don't remember which it was. There are quite a few available on the Play Store for free. I'm unaware of how to, or if it's even possible, lock the volume without an aftermarket app.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I've used several and they all work in one way or another. One I've found in particular that's interesting is Rocker Locker. It turns the volume keys into media volume only, thereby preventing it from accidentally turning off the ringer. This has been the single biggest issue with the rocker buttons. Who really needs to control the ringer volume on the fly all day long. You either turn it on while accepting calls, turn it down in areas where you want the ring to be relatively quiet, or turn it off in places you want it to be silent. This can be controlled from the volume settings.

Rocker Locker works and doesn't need to run in the background all the time since it changes a setting we can't get to otherwise. Once changed it just works.

Rocker Locker - Android Apps on Google Play

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
The reason I need it most is when clicking the bottom rocker and power to take a snapshot it usually changes the volume is there a better way to take a screenshot on Android yet?
I just downloaded and turned on rocket locker and I will see what happens. Some reviews say it makes the proximity sensor not work on some models in the way that it won't be able to switch from ear to spear volume when you put your phone to your ear. I'll see what I experience on turbo2

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The reason I need it most is when clicking the bottom rocker and power to take a snapshot it usually changes the volume is there a better way to take a screenshot on Android yet?
I just downloaded and turned on rocket locker and I will see what happens. Some reviews say it makes the proximity sensor not work on some models in the way that it won't be able to switch from ear to spear volume when you put your phone to your ear. I'll see what I experience on turbo2
Post back if that one works for you please.
I saw this
99d6578083f402d00fd2a4f597c8b80d.jpg
that might be what will be something for the screen shot dilemma you face. The floating icon option could be what you seek . There are quite a few screen shot apps that might be the way to go if a volume locker doesn't work right.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The reason I need it most is when clicking the bottom rocker and power to take a snapshot it usually changes the volume is there a better way to take a screenshot on Android yet?...

There is no other way on a Moto phone, unless there are some apps that will take screenshots. You have to hit Volume Down & Power exactly at the same time. It takes some practice, but I have not turned the volume down in several years once I got used to hitting them at exactly the same time.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
There is no other way on a Moto phone, unless there are some apps that will take screenshots. You have to hit Volume Down & Power exactly at the same time. It takes some practice, but I have not turned the volume down in several years once I got used to hitting them at exactly the same time.

You don't have e Google now? Just hold the home button down. Screenshot.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Oh right....yes we do. I totally forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I saw this
that might be what will be something for the screen shot dilemma you face. The floating icon option could be what you seek . There are quite a few screen shot apps that might be the way to go if a volume locker doesn't work right.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
I have used floating button for pictures on iOS devices never occurred that Android would have too thanks for the link but I also hit the volume buttons by accident lots of times so changing the media volume instead of the ringer(which I have accidentally set to silent abd is the main issue) is sort of working but I would prefer a lock down toggle for volume. I also have a scheduled volume setting app that sets my favor volumes in the morning or click if they are screwed up and nights keeper pro for setting call and message volumes by people and times as well as applocker pro and gravity screen.

Latest glitch is u am waiting fir Nova launcher to update widget locker for current Android os and to get widget locker updated at the same time as the Nova update instead of after the Nova update. As I use both and widget locker is partially crippled due to os on turbo 1 vs 2

Also gravity screen screen off widget works great but is manual. Can a Tasker expert help me as I have never gotten Tasker to be useful or work as the GUI is not intuitive in my tests have had Tasker since day one as looks great but complex

Also have irtech irule etc so all infrared can be controlled over wifi via it blaster useful if Android device doesn't have it built in

Morning yall

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
It shows reminders select text and a few other options but don't see one for screen shot in turbo 2 os with Google now. Send screenshot of how u do I'm as home pressed on my turbo 2 brings up Google mini tasks not screenshots

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I saw this

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
Just installed it says has ads and in app purchases it also prompted to start recording everything on the screen ? Like a video so I cancelled out till I read more looks promising as it has 5 million downloads but don't want ads and want to learn more. It was the top hit in the play store for screen capture just now.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It shows reminders select text and a few other options but don't see one for screen shot in turbo 2 os with Google now. Send screenshot of how u do I'm as home pressed on my turbo 2 brings up Google mini tasks not screenshots

Press and hold the Home button until Google Now on Tap appears.

Tap the share button in the bottom menu.

A screenshot will be taken and the share menu will appear.

You'll be able to share the screenshot as you would any other image from your device.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Press and hold the Home button until Google Now on Tap appears.

Tap the share button in the bottom menu.

A screenshot will be taken and the share menu will appear.

You'll be able to share the screenshot as you would any other image from your device.

Wow, thank you! I had no idea this was possible in Google now!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Wow, thank you! I had no idea this was possible in Google now!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Part of the thanks needs to go to @Mustang02 since he reminded us of the Google On Tap screenshot functionality. When taking one this way it does not save to the phone Gallery, at least not that I have seen. If you want to save a screenshot to your Gallery then the traditional Power + Vol Down is the way to go. The Google On Tap method is quicker to share a screenshot though, since you never have to leave the screen you are on to share, all sharing options are right there on one screen and you don't have to navigate to your Gallery to bring up the sharing menu. It's always good to have choices & options. :cool: