Can this be done as Update.zip?

sudermatt

Reaction score
I'm having some real problems with my squidly rom right now and wanted to move to CM7. I can only get to the default bootloader (X+power, Search) so I have to run the update from SD card. I cannot "choose from sd".

Can I rename the Zip file "Update.zip" and have it load properly?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used the tbh all in one zip file. Swagger posted a link in the cm d2 thread. Dl that file, rename it update.zip and install it that way. Make sure to format system, data and cache first and then mount system before installing the zip. Not sure what else to suggest.

CM74D2

OP
S

sudermatt

Reaction score
I used the tbh all in one zip file. Swagger posted a link in the cm d2 thread. Dl that file, rename it update.zip and install it that way. Make sure to format system, data and cache first and then mount system before installing the zip. Not sure what else to suggest.

CM74D2

Rats...I don't have any mounting options in the default bootloader.

apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

That's it.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You mean recovery, not bootloader. Looks like you'll have to sbf. Super easy. Just save your juice (turn off the phone), get the files if you don't already have them

CM74D2

OP
S

sudermatt

Reaction score
You mean recovery, not bootloader. Looks like you'll have to sbf. Super easy. Just save your juice (turn off the phone), get the files if you don't already have them

CM74D2

RATS! I was afraid of that....just did that last week to move back from GB...must....have....tether

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74D2

RATS! I was afraid of that....just did that last week to move back from GB...must....have....tether

If you already SBF'd back to Froyo, you should be able to use D2 Bootstrapper to bootstrap/launch CW Recovery, and then wipe data and /System and then install CM.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you've said?

havens1515

Reaction score
He did it to get back from GB, but now he's having problems and can't get into the OS. He can only get to the bootloader and the stock recovery.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
He did it to get back from GB, but now he's having problems and can't get into the OS. He can only get to the bootloader and the stock recovery.

DOH...missed that. Thanks. :)

Yup, it's SBF-ing time!

OP
S

sudermatt

Reaction score
BTW,

Thanks for your quick response and guidance.

I've SBF'd so many times now i'm no longer afraid :blackdroid:.

I have to squeeze as much as I can out of this D2. The D3 is such a disappointment it looks like I'm gonna have to wait a while for my next phone. I've seen nothing on the rumor mill that meet my specifications for upgrade.

so...I'll be a D2 ROMing / SBFing fool for a while.

Thanks again!