Can The Name of a Bluetooth Device Connected to the Droid Razr be Edited?

bsquared18

Reaction score
Hello,

My wife and I recently purchased Model XT912 Motorola Razrs. Previously, we had used Samsung Rogue phones. At that time, I had purchased for each phone a U118 gateway device, which allows us to connect each cell phone to a different set of cordless, walk around phones (we don't have a land line).

The thing is, the Rogue phones allowed me to go in and change the device name of one of the U118 gateways from the default name. This step is necessary when these two, identical devices are operating in the same environment.

However, I have not been able to figure out how to change the U118 device default name on one of the Razrs. The default name is U118_BT. I see that name listed but cannot figure out how to access it to change it. I see that I can change the device name of the phone itself, but I don't see how that change would help.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm not sure if you can change the name of the device through the phone. Try highlighting it and holding it down to see if it will let you edit the name that way. I don't use bluetooth so I can't confirm if it works or not.

OP
B

bsquared18

Reaction score
Your idea was worth trying, but it didn't work. It appears that we solved the problem by having different names for our phones, as opposed to the gateways, so each gateway pairs with a differently named phone. Same result by a different method. Maybe. Time will tell.

Bill

EDIT: No, that didn't work after all. Only recourse is to buy a different brand of gateway to use for the second one, I guess.

pcguy2u

Reaction score
paired device name customization

I just spoke with Motorola Chat on this very issue and they confirm the above. This is kind of ironic, because even my old Moto W755 allowed paired device name customization:angry:

Oh, and on the outside chance that someone knows a way, please let us know.