Can I Tether Droid Razr Maxx to Ipad 3?

8cats

Reaction score
Hi, I have seen multiple posts regarding this, but I am still confused.

I have read that some people successfully tethered their Droid phone with an ipad, others having problems, but no real solution....

I am trying to tether my Droid Razr Maxx to an Ipad 3 (new ipad). Turned on Bluetooth on both devices. Both devices are discoverable. The Droid lists the Ipad name as a device and the Ipad lists the Droid as seeing the device, but I keep getting the message from Ipad "Pair unsuccessful, make sure Droid is turned on and in range".

My goal is to use the Droid 3g/4g on the Ipad when a wifi signal is not available.

thank you for any help you can give me. Just need to know if this is possible. Do I need to use a Droid app to accomplish this. I also read about the phone that Verizon may charge for tethering? I do have an unlimited data plan on my phone...

OP

8cats

Reaction score
FoxFi App

Try the FoxFi App on your phone.

Hi, I downloaded the app last night, but the instructions for connecting to the Ipad are to jailbreak it, which I won't do.

I'll try it when I get home later without jailbreaking and see if it will work. I'll let you know how it goes.

bocabean

Reaction score
You should not have to jailbreak. You can run Foxfi without rooting your phone. Once you have established the WiFi hotspot with your phone, it should be fairly easy for the ipad to receive the signal.

OP

8cats

Reaction score
The foxfi worked once I realized I was turning on a wifi hotspot and not connecting Bluetooth. Just doesn't work so well watching videos. Doesn't seem to be enough strength. Right now I am using 4 g to establish the wifi hotspot. I have no electricity due to hurricane sandy and unable to connect to my home wifi. One reason why I wanted to get this to work, bored and wanted to watch some tv shows on the iPad. Thank you for your help.