Can the Razr Connect to Two BlueTooth Devices at The Same Time?

YellowJacket

Reaction score
My Razr Maxx connects to my 09 Infiniti Nav/Bose stereo for phone only. Music over BT isn't supported on my car prior to 10. Right now I can connect via the Motorola Dock through the line ins but I really don't like the wires hanging out and I'm not sure I want to take apart the console yet to hide them.

I have looked at the Blackberry Audio Gateway and a couple other similar devices. They run on battery power and connect to the line in on my stereo and allow me to connect via BT. It will work great for streaming music from my phone however, I like all the handsfree and voice controls that the Infiniti has so I would be trying to connect to both devices at once... The infiniti system for phone and the audio gateway for music. So, is it possible to do something like this?

Thanks,

David

Redsnk95

Reaction score
David,
Have you figured anything out on this? I am in a similar situation. I want to use my BT headset for phone calls and use the Ford Sync system in the truck for media output. I haven't tested it out yet, probably will do so tonight after work. The Ford Sync system is horrible on working with Google Now/Voice Commands.

Based on a Google Search on other forums, appears this is possible. You can go into settings for each device to select Phone Only and Media only. I will set my BT Motorola earpiece for phone only and Ford Sync for media only.

Redsnk95

Reaction score
Couldn't wait so I went out to the truck. Successfully paired the Razr Maxx with my Motorola BT earpiece and Ford Sync. Set the earpiece for Phone Only and Ford Sync for media only. Google Voice commands were a little sketchy but will work it out.

OP
YellowJacket

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Yep, got it working for me. I use the built in bluetooth in my Infiniti to link up with my phone for calls and use the Belkin audio gateway to stream the music to my Bose Sound System. Whenever I get a call, the music automatically pauses and I can take (or make) the call.
The only problem I have...and it is a little one is although the phone automatically pairs with my stereo for the phone features, it does not automatically pair with the Belkin gateway. Not a big problem though as I just have to go into BT settings on my Razr and tap on the belkin connection and it pairs.

David

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Based on a Google Search on other forums, appears this is possible. You can go into settings for each device to select Phone Only and Media only. I will set my BT Motorola earpiece for phone only and Ford Sync for media only.

Will this keep my Bluetooth headset from accidentally launching my music? I have the LG tone headset and accidentally launch music if I move in the wrong way.

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!