can motodroid be more phone use friendly?

xliderider

Reaction score
You can make a shortcut to an individual using the instructions in my previous earlier post. Or long press on the home screen, select Folder, Starred Contacts.

daddyd302

Reaction score
I seem to have a bit of an issue with pressing the numbers, when dialing. It seems that sometimes, no matter how soft or hard I press the number it won't register. It is a bit of an annoyance to have to wait a few seconds in order to dial the phone again. Am I the only one having this issue? Is this a bug or a defect?

bluedust

Reaction score
I'm confused, I have the phone icon on my desktop, so I just unlock the phone and hit the phone button.. the same as I did on my Storm, not sure what the issue is?

Actually all phones I've had were the same, 1. Unlock 2. Hit Phone key.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
I'm confused, I have the phone icon on my desktop, so I just unlock the phone and hit the phone button.. the same as I did on my Storm, not sure what the issue is?

Actually all phones I've had were the same, 1. Unlock 2. Hit Phone key.

I agree. I don't get it.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok ppl if the search thing not searching yur contacts is the problem ...it's cuz you dont have the settings correct.....go to settings...search...search options and make sure you have contacts checked

HelterSkelter

Reaction score
The "Voice Dialer" application that comes preloaded on the Droid works very well (for me, anyway). I put a shortcut to this application on my home screen and it has made it very easy to make calls.

zegolf

Reaction score
I'm definitely in the school of thought of utilizing shortcuts, both to people I call (I usually only call a handful of people frequently) and the phone shortcut itself. I actually find that making phone calls on this is EASIER than on my Storm.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, voice recognition is bad and it will only search the web. All settings are correct and it still only gives web results. Contacts are not looked at. tried an aftermarket voice dialer, better but still bad. Hope they fix it.

No it will do voice calls, you just say call "name here" and it should dial their number. I think my problem was just creating a contact called home. :)

The "Voice Dialer" application that comes preloaded on the Droid works very well (for me, anyway). I put a shortcut to this application on my home screen and it has made it very easy to make calls.

You do know that if you hold down the search button for 2 seconds the voice dialer pops up?

Takami826

Reaction score
I just made direct dial shortcuts on my home screen for the people I give a rat's butt to actually speak with (well what I consider one of the secondary home screens so I don't randomly dial people all willy nilly) ... the others I just dial from my contacts if I really have to talk to them.

OP
rosesdroid

rosesdroid

Reaction score
I will try changing the search options. That could work.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Three apps to make your Droid more Phone like..

Voice Dialer HF - A far superior Voice Dialer to the native app, uses voice prompts all the way and doesn't require screen taps once initiated. Also better voice recognition. WIll also open other apps easily and accurately.

Button Shortcut - Will remap Voice Dialer or Phone app (or any app), to be activated using the camera button. Doesn't affect camera button when camera is on.

Not Call Log - Lets you chose which screen the phone goes too after ending a call. The native system sends you to the calling log when ending a call. I prefer going back to the home screen. Some prefer going back to the dialing screen, you can chose your preferance with this app.

All 3 of these apps have been 100% stable on my Droid and the combination does make my Droid a better "phone".

Last edited:

mjs31

Reaction score
Wow. This phone is easy to use if you listen to the advice. Shortcuts. To direct dial make it one button call. Voice dial works great if you say it right and there are 3rd party apps that take it further if needed. Simple simple simple.

debkasdan

Reaction score
I just made direct dial shortcuts on my home screen for the people I give a rat's butt to actually speak with (well what I consider one of the secondary home screens so I don't randomly dial people all willy nilly) ... the others I just dial from my contacts if I really have to talk to them.
I also use shortcuts on my homescreen to the numbers I call most. And I also have shortcuts to those same three people for texting them. Only problem is: the icon to phone number and text message (their pics) are the same so I have to remember the placement (phone is top row, texting is next row). It wold be nice if there were some kind of indication (like H for home number and M for mobile on the voice icons) to distinguish texting shortcut from voice shortcut.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Look closer at upper right of the contact shortcut image icons, the phone shortcut has a little green phone "handle" on it and the messaging version has a little messaging icon. Subtle, but there is a difference.