can i use a taiwanese charger on mine

evor1

Reaction score
Going to be in taiwan...can I just use any microusb charger over there? Rather not bring mine and have to get adapter too.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have to check the voltage rating. The Note2 and S4 both use a 2Ah charger, where older devices were only 1A or lower. It will charge, just take double the time.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Going to be in taiwan...can I just use any microusb charger over there? Rather not bring mine and have to get adapter too.

I recently found a "Great deal" on the Samsung OEM 2A charger on Amazon, so ordered two. Then I got the tracking info and noted they were coming from China. Of course when they came I found they were knock-offs. Compared side-by-side with the one that came with my S4, the fakes were slightly larger, and while they said Samsung on them, the label was quite different, they were not labelled as being UL listed, and the USB cable had no Samsung tags and was smaller gauge. I never even chanced plugging them in as I was not going to risk damaging the S4 or starting a fire. I filed a complaint through Amazon, and to their credit the vendor promptly refunded my money and didn't ask for them back. I have nothing against China per se, just be wary that many items coming from there are knock-offs. Just wanted to pass that on in case you are considering buying electronics there. Taiwan may be OK.

OP
E

evor1

Reaction score
ill be staying with my friend who has a note 2 so im just wondering if theres any reason why my US phone wouldn't be able to use a chinese samsung charger.

bbtkd

Reaction score
ill be staying with my friend who has a note 2 so im just wondering if theres any reason why my US phone wouldn't be able to use a chinese samsung charger.

If it is Samsung and USB, should be fine.