Any charger with micro USB?

Ghalt

Reaction score
I left my charger at work. *&^%^&%($&*

Anyway, the only thing I have at home that has a microUSB adapter is my Jabra blue-tooth charger.

Output= 5.0V, 180ma

Can I use it to charge my Droid Incredible?

kdanielson

Reaction score
The charger that came with the Inc is a 1amp charger, but I bet that the charger you have will work, it may just charge a little slower. They are both 5V so you are safe. I have used all sorts of different microUSB chargers with my Inc and all worked well, although some are faster than others.

yojoe600

Reaction score
all micro usb chargers should be able to charge the incredible

bl42ed0

Reaction score
Yup. Any micro usb will work. I leave my old bb storm charger at work while I use the dinc charger at home. Both working perfectly fine on my phone!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

OP
G

Ghalt

Reaction score
You guys are awesome! Thanks for the responses. You saved me from having to go without my phone (or from driving back to work tonight!).

:)

nightfishing

Reaction score
180mA will take FOREVER to charge the phone (stock is 1000mA.)

Plugging it into a computer/laptop will at least give you 500mA

My Jawbone charger is like that. It will work, but not efficiently.

ezekiel2517

Reaction score
My Jabra charger doesn't work on my Incredible.

It begins charging, then stops, begins charging, and stops. Probably not good for the phone.

keystone

Reaction score
Same here with the Plantronics Bluetooth headset charger 180mA, orange charge light was blinking instead of steady on, seemed to be charging but no change to battery %.

herbmmm

Reaction score
I've used a couple of different chargers and the only thing that I noticed with one of them was that I couldn't access the phone while it was being charged. Non of the buttons were accessible! Still charged though!

Mark_Venture

Reaction score
Anyway, the only thing I have at home that has a microUSB adapter is my Jabra blue-tooth charger.

Output= 5.0V, 180ma

Can I use it to charge my Droid Incredible?
While the voltage (v) is ok, I would expect the current (mA) is too low to charge or even maintain the charge while the INC is powered on. (i.e. while powered on, the INC uses power. If the power supplied isn't greater than the power consumed, it wont have enough to charge the battery.)

The higher the mili-amps (mA) or Amps (A), the more current the charger provides, and the faster it will recharge the battery.

USB ports supply about 500 mA (to 550mA) at 5V. It will charge the phone, but it will take about twice as long as using the stock charger.

The Stock charger is 1A (or 1000mA). Some of my Moto chargers are 550mA, 750mA and 850mA. My blackberry chargers are 750mA and 850mA. All work fine.

In general, its not good to exceed the stock/factory charger mA rating, but its best if you can stay at/above USB port power.

Durango_Boy

Reaction score
I've used a couple of different chargers and the only thing that I noticed with one of them was that I couldn't access the phone while it was being charged. Non of the buttons were accessible! Still charged though!

The software is very sensitive to the rate at which the power is introduced. I have some after market chargers that do that to the screen operation while it's on and charging.

I got some cheap BB chargers, and they work perfectly at the correct rates.