Can I get AM Radio on Droid?

Audiophobe

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this so............
Baseball season is starting soon and my local team is only on AM (as far as I know) so my Zune (mp3 with FM) is of no help.
Is there a way I can get the local AM broadcast on my Droid?
Thanks

delaen

Reaction score
Check out iheartradio. There are a ton of radio stations on there, AM included. Not sure about MLB blackout restrictions on there.

OP
A

Audiophobe

Reaction score
No. The droid does not have an AM or FM radio.

I know. I was looking for an app that would allow me to get AM.

I looked up iheartradio. I'll give it a try but, Wow!, alot of bad reviews.
Any other ideas?

OP
A

Audiophobe

Reaction score
No. The droid does not have an AM or FM radio.

I know. I was looking for an app that would allow me to get AM.

I looked up iheartradio. I'll give it a try but, Wow!, alot of bad reviews.
Any other ideas?

I checked it out. I tried one station and, as opposed to many of the reviews it did work but no stations that will help get my team. Is there a way to live stream from the local station?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Look up Radiotime....

chart

http://radiotime.com/apps/android.aspx

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I listen to an AM station on iheart with no issues. If your AM station is on there, it is free to try.

_33

Reaction score
I use A Online Radio for streaming my local am sports talk and it works great. Also gets Howard... which is nice.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like RadioTime very much and A Online Radio is another good alternative for AM radio. However, as pointed out above, if you're hoping to listen to MLB over the internet streams provided by AM (or FM) stations, you're out of luck. The only way to do so reliably is through the At Bat app provided by MLB.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

Brokn68

Reaction score
Swallowing every bit of pride that I have, I've gotta ask: what is the significance of the barcode-looking symbol? I know it's off-topic, but...

If you use an app like Barcode Scanner on your Droid to scan it you will be taken directly to the link to download it rather than having to search for it in the market.
Where do you get the barcodes or what generates them? I have the scanner and it's great

Technoman

Reaction score
Swallowing every bit of pride that I have, I've gotta ask: what is the significance of the barcode-looking symbol? I know it's off-topic, but...

If you use an app like Barcode Scanner on your Droid to scan it you will be taken directly to the link to download it rather than having to search for it in the market.
Where do you get the barcodes or what generates them? I have the scanner and it's great

Several PC Browsers have add on's that you can get to generate the 2D Barcode. Just Google it, I think last time I looked there was an add on for IE, Chrome, and one for Firefox.